Is my motherboard dead?

omz

Gawd
Hey guys, I've been having a few problems with my computer for about....8 weeks...
8 weeks ago, my computer wouldn't boot up with both of my memory sticks in (Crucial DDR2-1066 @ 2.1v). It was able to run properly with 1 stick, but not with both. I thought "Well, I guess another one of my sticks died..." so I waited until I got back home to send the sticks in for an RMA.
However, I also bought another pair of Ballistix (this time, DDR2-800) but STILL, my computer would not boot with both the sticks in. Now, this stumps me because I had just bought these sticks last night and now they're failing on me. I had the same issue of my computer booting up with 1 stick, but not both.
I'm starting to think that my mobo does not like having 2 sticks in at one time...Anyone have any suggestions?

Update::
I tried each of the DDR2-800 sticks individually for 1 slot only, and it seems that my comp only boots with one of the sticks...Anyone have any ideas? It's really difficult to believe that one of the sticks would die in less than 24 hrs...

Are all the memory settings in the CMOS set to auto or have you changed them?
Have you tried resetting the CMOS?

What did you do to your computer 8 weeks ago? Did this problem just start randomly?

Are all the memory settings in the CMOS set to auto or have you changed them?
Have you tried resetting the CMOS?
Yeah, all the memory settings are set to auto. I have also tried resetting the CMOS but nothing better.

What did you do to your computer 8 weeks ago? Did this problem just start randomly?
I had came back from winter vacation and the comp worked fine for the first couple weeks, but after that it randomly started having this problem.

Nope. Memory Controller is dead.
Happened to my 680i. If you can't run dual channel memory its RMA time

Back