Is my FX-55 chip a San Diego????

Extreme-Killa

Bad Trader
I bought a FX-55 chip about 4 months from monarchcomputer.com. Ive been hearing about these san diego chips and Im unfamiliar with them.

How can I tell if my chip had a San Diego core?

dam... mine says clawhammer.... bah.... time to use this for a cup holder.... where did you get your fx-55

Extreme-Killa said:
dam... mine says clawhammer.... bah.... time to use this for a cup holder.... where did you get your fx-55

AMD FX-57 is available.. ;) If you didnt know..

Got my Retail San Diego FX-55 @ Mwave.com

yeah i know... no way im spending that much... i'll wait 4 months so the prices drop... To much hype right now... drives prices high.... :p

Im off to buy a chip from Mwave.com

Extreme-Killa said:
I bought a FX-55 chip about 4 months from monarchcomputer.com
way to answer the questions guys :p

NO! you don't have san diego. if you got it 4 months ago.. the revE cores were juset starting to be rumored about back then, so you definitly don't have one ;)

Extreme-Killa said:
Im off to buy a chip from Mwave.com

So, you're going to spend another $800 on another FX-55, even though you already have a Clawhammer, just to get the San Diego core?

Fawkes said:
some people have far too much money...

Just to reaffirm it...

And I am in fact employed.

And doesnt it just bake ya noodle that my £130 cpu doesnt lag too far behind your $800 one...

Had I been bothered to spunk another £70 on a 3700+ then it really start to sting.

Here's the problem...

ANY FX-55 is teh ownage. Why pay even close to what you paid for that one, buying something with minor performance upgrades compared.

Yeah, the Clawhammer 55 is nothing to scoff at. It is a great processor and is very capapble at that.. Don't replace it with a San Diego 55.. Just get a 57 if you do upgrade :cool:

Back