Is my FX-55 chip a San Diego????

Extreme-Killa

Bad Trader
I bought a FX-55 chip about 4 months from monarchcomputer.com. Ive been hearing about these san diego chips and Im unfamiliar with them.

How can I tell if my chip had a San Diego core?

Extreme-Killa

Bad Trader
dam... mine says clawhammer.... bah.... time to use this for a cup holder.... where did you get your fx-55

Jasonx82

Supreme [H]ardness
Extreme-Killa said:
dam... mine says clawhammer.... bah.... time to use this for a cup holder.... where did you get your fx-55

AMD FX-57 is available.. ;) If you didnt know..

Got my Retail San Diego FX-55 @ Mwave.com

Extreme-Killa

Bad Trader
yeah i know... no way im spending that much... i'll wait 4 months so the prices drop... To much hype right now... drives prices high.... :p

Im off to buy a chip from Mwave.com

(cf)Eclipse

Freelance Overclocker
Extreme-Killa said:
I bought a FX-55 chip about 4 months from monarchcomputer.com
way to answer the questions guys :p

NO! you don't have san diego. if you got it 4 months ago.. the revE cores were juset starting to be rumored about back then, so you definitly don't have one ;)

HOCP4ME

2[H]4U
Extreme-Killa said:
Im off to buy a chip from Mwave.com

So, you're going to spend another $800 on another FX-55, even though you already have a Clawhammer, just to get the San Diego core?

Fawkes

Gawd
Fawkes said:
some people have far too much money...

Just to reaffirm it...

And I am in fact employed.

And doesnt it just bake ya noodle that my £130 cpu doesnt lag too far behind your $800 one...

Had I been bothered to spunk another £70 on a 3700+ then it really start to sting.

corporate

n00b
Here's the problem...

ANY FX-55 is teh ownage. Why pay even close to what you paid for that one, buying something with minor performance upgrades compared.

mpcamer1220

[H]ard|Gawd
Yeah, the Clawhammer 55 is nothing to scoff at. It is a great processor and is very capapble at that.. Don't replace it with a San Diego 55.. Just get a 57 if you do upgrade :cool: