Is my CPU/RAM likely a bottleneck?

VladDracule

[H]ard|Gawd
Im looking at possibly upgrading my build, my GPU is a 1080 so thats fine at the moment:

Other Specs:
Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 2560x1440p 144 GSync
GPU: Nvidia GTX1080 Founders Edition
Mobo: Asus Z87-A LGA 1150
CPU: I7-4770 3.4
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
RAM:*
Unfortunately i cant find this in my purchase history and dont want to pry my computer apart to find out, what i do know is its 16GB of DDR3.

Is my cpu/ram actually potentially acting as a bottleneck? Or would upgrading either of those (obv need a new mobo too) completely pointless? I would also potentially want a different PSU, as the cables on mine are a bit short to really run through the back of the case. and have it looking as clean as i like.

Also do have a sound card, soundblaster Zx

Yes, you should upgrade to a Thread Ripper rig immediately to catch all the FPS you can.

Seriously, are you having any difficulties in any games? If so, which ones?

cpuz can show you most everything about your ram if your wondering....id say its unlikely a bottleneck that spending money on faster/more ram is justified. Sure even i would love to have double the amount of the fastest memory but its a really bad investment unless your planning on using that system for many more years....If i could get it for under a hundred bucks then maybe:)

Of course completely starting over is what ill do when the 7nm cpus goes mainstream

Back