Is it worthwile to upgrade my SSD?

addictedto60fps

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm upgrading my system to a 4770k within the next few days and wanted to get people's thoughts on possibly upgrading my SSD. I have a first gen Intel X25-M 160 GB SSD and am contemplating upgrading that. I'm out of the loop when it comes to SSD's, so was wondering if there is a gigantic difference between what I have and what's currently on the market. Is the difference night and day? Oh, and if it's worthwhile to upgrade, what do you guys recommend? My budget is around $350 or so.

If the capacity is still enough for your needs, no need to upgrade.

An SSD is an SSD unless you like to benchmark.

Nope, SSD would not be used for benchmarking purposes. It would just be for capacity purposes mainly and of course, if it's a lot faster than my existing SSD, I would consider upgrading for that reason also.

In normal usage, responsiveness is due to the near instantaneous access times. An SSD from a few years ago on SATA 3.0 is going to feel the exact same as a modern SSD on SATA 6.0.

Ok, looks like I don't need to upgrade, then. Thanks, guys. I'll pocket the money and focus on other areas of the upgrade, then. :)

Back