is it worth getting a 1135g7 laptop with 8gb, or should I get something different?(I might need advice for today)

PontiacGTX

Gawd
I have found a good deal on a laptop with the 11th gen intel cpu but I wonder if it is worth getting 6 core skylake cpu instead? keep in mind that the 1135g7 only has 4cores but it has higher IPC.while the skylake might be slighly slower(depending on the cpu) it has more cores. so which one would you get?

are you asking about the cpus or the ram amount?!
either will be fine for normal everyday usage. if youre doing vid/photo, get 6+ core and more than 8gb.

6/12 feels snappier(to me) but the 4/8 will give you better battery life.
if ipc is a concern with "programming" or if youre gonna be doing it mobile, then the 4/8 makes sense.
if you will be multi-tasking/threaded while programming, then 6/12 might make sense.
that make sense?! :)

6/12 feels snappier(to me) but the 4/8 will give you better battery life.
if ipc is a concern with "programming" or if youre gonna be doing it mobile, then the 4/8 makes sense.
if you will be multi-tasking/threaded while programming, then 6/12 might make sense.
that make sense?! :)
so far using asp.net and laravel wont struggle with more than 2c/4t but i have noticed that maybe if I were to develop a mobile application or something required more cores, something multithreaded(I havent been in such need) I might need at least 4cores, but I dont know how performs a 8750H vs a 1135G7 in terms of performance, i have seen a page that only had the 8750H over the i5 with overclock, but otherwise at stock it would be slighly slower except on multithreading

I have found a good deal on a laptop with the 11th gen intel cpu but I wonder if it is worth getting 6 core skylake cpu instead? keep in mind that the 1135g7 only has 4cores but it has higher IPC.while the skylake might be slighly slower(depending on the cpu) it has more cores. so which one would you get?

Would a laptop with Ryzen 4800U not suffice? You'd get better battery life, less heat, more cores and maybe cheaper as well.

I would not consider any Skylake laptops. I'm using one right now (8750h) and it struggles with performance even with 45W TDP, and forget using any VMs at decent performance.

Would a laptop with Ryzen 4800U not suffice? You'd get better battery life, less heat, more cores and maybe cheaper as well.

I would not consider any Skylake laptops. I'm using one right now (8750h) and it struggles with performance even with 45W TDP, and forget using any VMs at decent performance.
I doubt i could find a 4800u for my budget =/ at most a 4600u and i dont know really i wish there was a laptop with 5th ryzen gen rather these it would be a worthwhile 6core laptop it isnt that a 3rd gen ryzen cpu isnt good but for the money it seeems kinda slower

I doubt i could find a 4800u for my budget =/ at most a 4600u and i dont know really i wish there was a laptop with 5th ryzen gen rather these it would be a worthwhile 6core laptop it isnt that a 3rd gen ryzen cpu isnt good but for the money it seeems kinda slower
What is your budget?

Back