Is it safe to have both A and N drivers?

exe163

[H]ard|Gawd
I need quick access to both nvidia and ati cards. Is it alright if I keep both nvidia and ati drivers and just swap the cards? Or even have both cards installed and just swap the DVI plug? I have expereiced catastrophic system crash before due to display driver problem (ati...), I don't want to waste hours to resetup my machine and recover my datas again.

With XP you can. From what I have heard you can also do it with Windows 7. Windows Vista does not allow it though. You only can have one manufacture's video card at one time.

With XP you can. From what I have heard you can also do it with Windows 7. Windows Vista does not allow it though. You only can have one manufacture's video card at one time.

Only one manufacturer's device active at a time. The drivers can be installed side by side just fine (theoretically), it isn't until you try and run both cards at once that you have problems.

I am on 7 PRO RTM. By side-by-side, do you mean having two cards and two drivers installed installed on the computer? Or both with video out? I have heard people running ATi and Nvidia with physX, using both drivers. Don't know how it is done exactly though.

I am on 7 PRO RTM. By side-by-side, do you mean having two cards and two drivers installed installed on the computer? Or both with video out? I have heard people running ATi and Nvidia with physX, using both drivers. Don't know how it is done exactly though.

With Windows 7 you can run an ati and nvidia video card at the same time, both with video out, etc...

Back