Is it possible to turn aim assist off in Halo 3?

dont you think aim assist is the gayest thing in an fps game? i so wish to buy all those great fps games for my 360..but no mouse/kb support is so gay on MS's part. Even the wii have kb support .. ps3 will have kb/mouse on ut3 soon. Microsoft can lick my ass.

dont you think aim assist is the gayest thing in an fps game? i so wish to buy all those great fps games for my 360..but no mouse/kb support is so gay on MS's part. Even the wii have kb support .. ps3 will have kb/mouse on ut3 soon. Microsoft can lick my ass.

hmmmmm no, xbox360 is just fine. stfu and play it on your PC if your so troubled by it. Or better yet, buy the ps3. That has keybaord and mouse support in so many games..... zero. And ONE BY NEXT YEAR, WHOOWOO!

And the xbox360 does have keyboard support.

Halo 3 has aim assist that works in varying levels depending on each weapon. It is made to make up for the fact that you have a controller instead of keyboard mouse. If you'll notice, the sniper rifle has absolutely zero aim assist, so if you dont want it pick up the sniper ;)

probably want to check which section you are posting in...
This is the Console Gaming & Acc. section

IF you want to let microsoft fuck you up your ass..then fine...dont tell me what i can say. and for god sake, tell me where xbox360 have keyboard support.. dont tell me the fucking keypad add on for the controller or that $100 fake mouse/kb emulator. I am pissed at ms because i have a xbox360...if i have a ps3 i wouldnt be complain about this shit..[ you 360 and ps3 fanboy are having PMS everytime someone say something bad about the xbox360 or ps3

QUOTE=ClearM4;1031532971]hmmmmm no, xbox360 is just fine. stfu and play it on your PC if your so troubled by it. Or better yet, buy the ps3. That has keybaord and mouse support in so many games..... zero. And ONE BY NEXT YEAR, WHOOWOO!

And the xbox360 does have keyboard support.[/QUOTE]

I don't suck using a controller, but I'd still rather use mouse and keyboard.

who saids i suck at using a gamepad??? i just prefer mouse/kb. Its about choice and Microsoft is not giving any choices to us 360 owner. You fanboy are too blind too see.

1. no kb/mouse support (because having it means the 360=a computer)
2 . no logitech g25 wheel support ( so you are force to buy their shitty wheel)
3. no internet brower support (even my lowly NONE hd wiii have a browers)
720p or 1080p IE7 would be fucking easy to add and nice to use
4. charge for online play (you can argue about how good live is all you want)
5. charge for using wireless (thus the guitar on rockband is wired

All you fucking blind fanboy are talking shit about the ps3( i dont own one) all the time. I am speaking as a 360 user and not a fucking fanboy.

I'm hoping English isn't your first language. Reading your posts makes me cringe.

On topic.. It's not like you didn't know Microsoft's stand on keyboard/mouse support for their console.

If you didn't, you didn't inform yourself enough. They made it pretty clear (as they did last round of consoles).

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say they charge for using wireless.

LOL! I agree with the guy about kb/m support. I own a 360, and its a real shitter that it lacks the "option" to play with kb/m. They will argue that it creates an unlevel playing field across xbox live if some people are on kb/m and some are on controller. A fair point I suppose, but what about single player?? but I dont care! FPS games on a controller suck, and tend to slow everything down as you cant turn quick enough or aim quickly. Thats why I play FPS and RTS games on my PC now... bye bye 360 for these games.

The wireless comment was probably a dig at MS for overcharging on their wireless USB card. Holy ripoff. Its £60 in the UK which is $120... Practically the price of a full router.

And he's right about xbox live... charging for online gaming WTF.. I dont care what people say about its features... they are not impressive. Tonight I hosted a supreme commander championship on my PC, and had full VOIP with my messenger client... all for FREE. Hats off to MS for finding ways of making us PAY for things we used to have for free on PC's...

And yet despite all the flaws of the 360 platform... it still has all the best games (at the moment). Just goes to show that people are willing to lick the MS ass if they get the games...! (doesnt help that the competition is lagging.. PS3 on price, and Wii on ability to deliver graphics in excess of a cube1.5 but it does have a cool controller which sort of.. kind of.. works a little for some games!)

Wow, this thread jumped waaaaaay off topic,

OP: I would say aim assist on consoles is just a fact of life. I don't notice it too terribly on Halo 3, but i'm aware it's there. Usually it moves the crosshair ever so slightly and I overcorrect and miss. Aim-desist, if you will. Sucks that you can't truly disable it, I agree.

and continuing the off-topic diatribes: I agree with others, if console gamepads piss anybody off so bad, then: use a PC if the title is multiplatform, buy a PS3 instead of a 360 for the one game that is providing KB/M support, or use your Wii and play the one FPS on it thats worth a damn.

Otherwise, all the other points to the argument are done to death, there wasn't one non-rehashed point brought up in all the arguing above. Yay for pointless bitching, the 360 will never have official KB/M support, and thats apparently an inarguable truth, doesn't matter how bad anybody wants it.

The only gay thing I see is you wanting something to lick your ass.

LOL! I agree with the guy about kb/m support. I own a 360, and its a real shitter that it lacks the "option" to play with kb/m. They will argue that it creates an unlevel playing field across xbox live if some people are on kb/m and some are on controller. A fair point I suppose, but what about single player?? but I dont care! FPS games on a controller suck, and tend to slow everything down as you cant turn quick enough or aim quickly. Thats why I play FPS and RTS games on my PC now... bye bye 360 for these games.

The wireless comment was probably a dig at MS for overcharging on their wireless USB card. Holy ripoff. Its £60 in the UK which is $120... Practically the price of a full router.

And he's right about xbox live... charging for online gaming WTF.. I dont care what people say about its features... they are not impressive. Tonight I hosted a supreme commander championship on my PC, and had full VOIP with my messenger client... all for FREE. Hats off to MS for finding ways of making us PAY for things we used to have for free on PC's...

And yet despite all the flaws of the 360 platform... it still has all the best games (at the moment). Just goes to show that people are willing to lick the MS ass if they get the games...! (doesnt help that the competition is lagging.. PS3 on price, and Wii on ability to deliver graphics in excess of a cube1.5 but it does have a cool controller which sort of.. kind of.. works a little for some games!)

ps3 has kb/mouse support for a single game. Probably. That's not out yet. All this whining about the 360 is pretty funny in light of that fact.

Yea yea, you 360fanboy keep playing your fps game with microsoft's dick up your asses. aim assist....hahahahh what a fucking joke.

Yea yea, you 360fanboy keep playing your fps game with microsoft's dick up your asses. aim assist....hahahahh what a fucking joke.

Do you have any points to make besides talking about assholes, dicks, and calling things gay?

We get it, you don't like console fps's. You're a bit slow, so let me just point out the forum you're posting in. Door's over there junior, cya later.

Do you have any points to make besides talking about assholes, dicks, and calling things gay?

We get it, you don't like console fps's. You're a bit slow, so let me just point out the forum you're posting in. Door's over there junior, cya later.

QFT

I forsee a ban in progress.

All I can say is this: if you have to use sexual or homophobic comments to get your point across, I'd suggest you find a forum with more tolerance for that kind of crap. Just keep in mind that this is reserved for adult discussion, not middle school recess discussion.

Back on topic: I, for one, doubt that aim assist was put in Halo 3 or 2 strictly because of game pads. I mean, Halo 1 had very little if any aim assisting going on, and there are plenty of 360 shooters that don't use it either. Like posters said above, it varies based on the weapon. Sniper rifle has no aim assist, pistol has very little and needler uses it extensively. I think this has more to do with the indvidual weapons in Halo 3: it would be VERY hard to get a shot off with the needler without auto-aim, with or without a gamepad.
It isn't coincidence that the most accurate weapons in the game (sniper and pistol) don't have auto-aim.

Microsoft can lick my ass.

They could do that, or they could roll around in the hundreds of dollars you've given them already instead and sleep well knowing that regardless of what you say on this forum, you will give them hundreds of dollars more in the coming years of the 360's lifespan.

Back