Is it possible to play Crysis at full graphics settings yet?

zamardii

2[H]4U
I think I still have my specs in my sig, but I wanted to know if there's anything out there that can play Crysis at full setting yet? I'm still using my 8800GTX and can play Crysis with okay graphics settings as it is, but only one of the advanced options are set at very high and I was curious if there's any card or suggested combination that I could upgrade to that would allow me to play it at full settings yet with decent overall FPS.

Thanks.

I think it is possible... at 1280*1024 and lower with a super duper video card.
Of course, forget about 8xAA...

At full FULL settings? Yes, it is.

At full settings with AA? Forget it. My setup in rig is pretty beastmode, and it cant render 4xAA on Crysis without feeling like death. Well, 1920x1200 of course, if I went down a notch I should have no problem, but then again, I hate bigger pixels. Actually, perhaps with 3 or 4 GPUs it can be done, I only have 2 GPUs though so I cant say.

I know a lot of people get their setup and only play the first level and say "yeah I can run Crysis now", but the first level is NOTHING. I get around 45-58FPS on full enthusiast settings and 2XAA, and when we go to another level like Frost, I get about 30-35 max, it drops to about 20-25 when I get hit hard, and it feels very slow compared to every other game my 2 285s rape.

FEAR2 for example, runs at around 210FPS now that I OC'd my CPU, and after playing it for 3 hours, Crysis/Warhead feels ultra-sluggish, even though it's running at a perfectly acceptable 30-35FPS.

What am I trying to say? I don't know.

At max res, full setting, and 8xaa...no. But at reasonable res (1650x1080) with reasonable settings (enthusiasts/gamer) and no aa, yes.

What's the most affordable card that I can get or sli cards that I can get that will play Crysis at full settings?

What's the most affordable card that I can get or sli cards that I can get that will play Crysis at full settings?

I thought maxing out Crysis obsession was over some time ago...

Crysis is optimized for nVidia's TWIMTBP, so you'll want one of theirs.
Crysis full settings and affordable cards shoudn't be used in the same sentence.
Don't tell you're thinking of getting the best cards just to run Crysis better.

it doesn't really matter what res he is playing at..
affordable cards and crysis don't go together very well. lets say you want to play with no aa and everything else maxxed @ 1680x1050, you could get couple gtx 260s for great framerates, or a gtx 285 for good frames. remember, crysis likes nvidia cards a lot better than ati

resolutions above that aren't going to be playable with everything maxxed and having "affordable" hardware, depending on what you consider affordable. but looking at the rig in your sig, affordable doesn't mean 3 gtx 285s in tri-sli

FWIW Crysis is the ONLY game I've played thus far that my slow ass 8800GS can't even get close to maxing @ 1280x1024. I have to set it at medium-high, 2xAA.

IMO it's not worth it buying a card just for it. Wait until the next generation of cards to play it.

My GTX 260 Tri-SLi rig can do Crysis all Very High @ 1920x. I can't use AA if I want my min frames above 30 though.

Crysis
1920x DX10 x64 All Very High, Default install, Default config file,
Regular GPU Bench
Min FPS 39.28 Avg FPS 48.70 Max FPS 66.99
http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cr4tl6.jpg

Crysis
1920x DX10 x64 All Very High, Default install, Default config file,
Assault Harbor
Min FPS 32.84 Avg FPS 47.64 Max FPS 78.33
http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cr4ars0.jpg

These are old benches done with the 180.48 driver and haven't been rerun with the 182.08.

I run Crysis with everything maxed, AA at x4. I have no idea what my FPS is, but I never stutter or anything, so I don't really worry about it. I can run at 8x AA, but it's not quite as smooth.

Resolution is 1920x1200.

I ran OC'd Crossfired 4850's (685/1075) with 2x AA at 1920x1200 all settings Very High (except shaders set to High, I think I disabled motion blur too... never liked it) and gameplay was smooth throughout the whole game. I never took the time to check what sort of FPS I was getting. Things were definitely smoother at the start though.

I think I still have my specs in my sig, but I wanted to know if there's anything out there that can play Crysis at full setting yet? I'm still using my 8800GTX and can play Crysis with okay graphics settings as it is, but only one of the advanced options are set at very high and I was curious if there's any card or suggested combination that I could upgrade to that would allow me to play it at full settings yet with decent overall FPS.

Thanks.

I GOT A I7/260gtc 216CORE pc and i can play at max settings minus AA on 1680 res

I run mine with 4xAA and no problems, I have run it at 1680x1050 and 1920x1080

There are a few times where i will notice slowdown when a lot of explosions are going off but otherwise it runs smooth.

I have a friend with a 4870x2 and he runs at the same res and settings and there is hardly any slowdown.

Back