Is it possible to kill vista on the hd?

slotcarz

n00b
just asking since it seems someone may have sabotaged the pc I'm looking at. I'm trying to get some personal files off the hd before I try a re-install of vista. Looking at the hd in a boot utility, I can see the recycle bin, a folder with a mpg file in it and a couple others but everything else is gone. Could the hd be toast? could I even look at it if was?

Try plugging the HDD into another PC, windows will just see it as a data drive......you may be able to see more that way (I had to do that to try and find tax info for a friend on their drive that died about 2 weeks before tax season lol....and ofc that was the part of the drive that crashed LOL)

Well I tried that and finally got my mb to see it. But could not see it in the bios. I installed a RAID/SATA utility that came with my mb and that's where I could see it. Its a Abit V17 and has both IDE and Sata ports. I use Ide so would that cause it not to recognize it?

as i assumed.... got the drive on my system to find 3 folders of crapola. someone wiped it out. I have a feeling someone didn't want someone else to see something... who knows. But I guess you can delete it off the drive.... Got the guy's recovery disk and it is installing back to factory. Thanks W.F.

Back