Is it possible to.get 144 frames at 1440p?

On low, maybe. But not on offline games (with more demanding features to draw). There, you'll be lucky to top 100 fps.

Doing this in all games will require a GTX 2080 Ti (and again, the expectation that you will run all games at medium/low.)

Reactions: etegv
like this
On low, maybe. But not on offline games (with more demanding features to draw). There, you'll be lucky to top 100 fps.

Doing this in all games will require a GTX 2080 Ti (and again, the expectation that you will run all games at medium/low.)

Ok, thank you

So it looks like I have to stick with 144 frames at 1080p. I have a 5700 xt and was hoping to upgrade to a ryzen 3600 in order to get 145 frames at 1440p. Guess that won't be possible :(

Ok, thank you

So it looks like I have to stick with 144 frames at 1080p. I have a 5700 xt and was hoping to upgrade to a ryzen 3600 in order to get 145 frames at 1440p. Guess that won't be possible :(

Well, if your current system processor won't do 144 hz, you're still going to have to upgrade ti that 3600. whjat is your current syustem specs?

Reactions: etegv
like this
Well, if your current system processor won't do 144 hz, you're still going to have to upgrade ti that 3600. whjat is your current syustem specs?

I'm getting good frames

Right now I have a 4790k @ 4.2
DDR3-2400 16GB (4 Sticks)
5700 XT

I'm averaging about 130 frames in BF4 (that's what I see with the AMD Catalyst Control Center). I was hoping to upgrade the system to the 3600 or 3900 and do 144 frames at 1440p.

I guess you can get 999k at 8k in one and only default application that anyone cares for testing 3d accelerators performance (which I am assuming this topic is about because nothing was specified): Glquake 😀👍

Last edited:
I guess you can get 999k at 8k in one and only default application that anyone cares for testing 3d accelerators performance (which I am assuming this topic is about because nothing was specified): Glquake 😀👍
GL Quake is capped to 72 FPS ;)

GL Quake is capped to 72 FPS ;)
Are you serious?
No one cares how many frames per second you get in Glquake during gameplay, only timedemo demo1... you cannot see past 24 fps anyway ;)

ps. I get almost ~1500 fps in 1440p

Are you serious?
No one cares how many frames per second you get in Glquake during gameplay, only timedemo demo1... you cannot see past 24 fps anyway ;)

ps. I get almost ~1500 fps in 1440p
Are you running a source port? I'm pretty sure the original GL Quake was capped to 72 FPS.

Are you running a source port? I'm pretty sure the original GL Quake was capped to 72 FPS.
The original GL Quake may have had a fps cap due to the way the physics were handled, but (GL) QuakeWorld did not have a fps cap.

I recall playing Team Fortress at 100fps. The client was asynchronous to the server. Most servers probably had a tickrate of 60, but that just made netcode driven objects (i.e. rockets) move around not so smoothly. The illusion of smoothness was real from the player's PoV, especially with prediction left enabled.

Last edited:
I was refering to glquake.exe so original Glquake
timedemo does not have these limitations and can run as fast as your pc can manage it to run which is somehow never fast enough ;)

I've had a 1440p 144hz monitor before. I ran plenty of games below 144hz and they all looked great. I bet if you played without fraps you'd be happy with anything above 80

Back