Is it ok to replace thermal pad with a GPU from MSI?

note235

Supreme [H]ardness
I have 3090 and am thinking of replacing the thermal pads on it but wasn't sure of the warranty situation

At some point there was an MSI representative around and i asked a similar question in the past: here.

But to be honest with all that MSI has been doing lately not sure what the answer is now... If i'm not mistaken in the US those void warranty stickers are illegal?

At some point there was an MSI representative around and i asked a similar question in the past: here.

But to be honest with all that MSI has been doing lately not sure what the answer is now... If i'm not mistaken in the US those void warranty stickers are illegal?
It is illegal but doesn't stop company's from being difficult about it.

They aren’t illegal. The company is welcome to put it on a product. They just cannot deny you a warranty claim just because the sticker was removed or altered.

They aren’t illegal. The company is welcome to put it on a product. They just cannot deny you a warranty claim just because the sticker was removed or altered.
Yeah, not illegal, they just have no actual meaning in the US because they can't actually void your warranty JUST for breaking/removing the sticker. They can void it for damage caused by your modification/repair, but not for opening it up.

Back