Is it just me or...PSTWO Q:

sanosuke2999

Weaksauce
Is it just me or does the PStwo have much shorter loading times than the PS2? I noticed while playing suikoden 3 the load times on my PStwo are alot faster compared my friend's PS2 4th generation I think?

It could just be the quality of the laser. Older PS2s with the shoddier lasers tend to have reading problems that lead to longer load times. This effect is made even more apparent with burned media and modchips. Great game, Suikoden 3. :cool:

Could be due to the laser and drive being new or event he disc/system. I know my Gen1 PS2 takes FOREVER to load the OPM demos... Im talking it took 3 mins to load the MGS3 demo... but my roommates loaded it up perfectly smooth. I got no problems with games though.

Gonna get me a PSTwo soon, thing looks so cute!

I was going to get one for my car, but that fliptop makes it hard to stuff into tight spaces.

Anyone find any pictures of the PStwo with the cd tray flipped open? or can someone post some? :D

what they should have done is make it slot loading like a car stereo. that would have been really cool and solved many of the issues of people wanting to fit it into tiny spaces.

Yea, but then you would have a drive that had more moving parts and presumably more susceptible to the shock involved with mobile installs (due to the tray vibrating and whatnot).

Back