Is it bad that two cores are 4 degrees warmer than the other two?

rayman2k2

Supreme [H]ardness
In my i7 rig in my sig, two of the cores - specifically Core 1 and 2 are roughly 4 to 5 degrees warmer than than Cores 3 and 4. Core 3 and 4 are normally 33-34 degrees C and Core 1 and 2 are about 37-39 degrees C.

Is this discrepancy okay? The temperatures also move together too - Core 1 and 2 will never be different, always the same temp.

yeah, it isnt uncommon. Your using the stock cooler?

I have my cooler perfectly mounted and the 'top' two cores are always warmer.

Are you sure those two cores aren't simply tthe 1st cores any instructions from the OS may be getting?

Agreed very normal. Ive only had one C2D that was actually close 2-3C difference. I have had some 11C apart which required a lapping and bought them to 7C apart. My current rig is 6-7C apart.

Agreed very normal. Ive only had one C2D that was actually close 2-3C difference. I have had some 11C apart which required a lapping and bought them to 7C apart. My current rig is 6-7C apart.

on the c2d and c2q its very common to have wide differences between core temps.. but even so its normal on the i7.. depending on what cores are being used for the desktop applications.. what os you are using and how it distributes the data over all the cores..

on the c2d and c2q its very common to have wide differences between core temps.. but even so its normal on the i7.. depending on what cores are being used for the desktop applications.. what os you are using and how it distributes the data over all the cores..

I read right over the i7 part.. my bad!

Back