Is Homefront Worth $15?

Schmave

[H]ard|Gawd
Like the title says, is Homefront worth $15? It's on sale on Steam right now. I thought it looked like it could be interesting before it came out, but I've heard nothing but bad things about it from people on the forums. What do you guys think?

No.

Generic, tacky shooter, gameplay very sub-par and rather dull. Wait for BF3 because as soon as that's out (presuming you've pre-ordered it) you will never play Homefront, ever, ever again.

There's a MP demo, and while I fond it fun, I hear it's more populated than the full game.

No.

Generic, tacky shooter, gameplay very sub-par and rather dull. Wait for BF3 because as soon as that's out (presuming you've pre-ordered it) you will never play Homefront, ever, ever again.

Ah, good point about BF3. I guess I already have enough games in my Steam library that I still need to play anyway.

grab it whenever its $5. I thought it was an okay game, but I get bored of it after playing MP for 15mins

An absolutely tragic testament to blown potential that I can recall in recent memory for videogames.

I enjoyed it for a bit but eventually wandered off to go do something else.

It's worth $15 depending on your perceived value of a dollar.

The demo is good fun since it's a chunk of MP and is just about all you need to experience.

It's worth $15 depending on your perceived value of a dollar.

Agreed, I bought it along with one of my friends to play until BF3, its got some cool mechanics in multiplayer that are a nice change of pace. After playing the BF3 beta i go in the mood to play a new FPS and this will work for me. For someone looking for the next game to dump 100's of hours into.... No i don't think its worth the money.

No, not at all.

The game sucks and is basically a reskinned COD. Boring gameplay and apparently a really short storyline (I never finished....I couldn't bring myself to).

Put that money towards something more productive like booze.

Absolutely. Buy the shotgun for $1 and run around owning people. You will get people to rage so hard its not even funny.

I have a blast drinking beers and playing homefront multiplayer.

Horrible game. Not worth the time investment of 2 hours to finish the single player.

Save your money. Save the minutes of your life.

2 Hours is a gross exaggeration. Closer to 5ish or so. Took me one afternoon, got it via Goozex, traded it back out the next day.

for $15 its iffy, if you like the setting the SP story isn't terrible.

Are you paying $15 or are they paying you $15 to play it?

One of the worst games I've ever played

yes it's worth it... great game, MP rocks too. This has a post COD feel to it, like what COD might play like once they get rid of that 10 year old, DX9, cash pumping console engine. Has DX11, FPS can be unlocked, runs great, looks great.

You guys bitching about it play some garbage games... to hate on this for $15 is ridiculous or they are typical COD fanboys that will cock block people from playing anything other than COD.

yes it's worth it... great game, MP rocks too. This has a post COD feel to it, like what COD might play like once they get rid of that 10 year old, DX9, cash pumping console engine. Has DX11, FPS can be unlocked, runs great, looks great.

I'm sorry man. I don't know what game you were playing.

If you had written "could have been great" I'd agree with you.

I'm eager to see what Crytek does with part 2. I'm pretty sure it'll be better than this was.

You guys bitching about it play some garbage games... to hate on this for $15 is ridiculous or they are typical COD fanboys that will cock block people from playing anything other than COD.

Some of the folks, yes, but the game really does have some issues.

I have to say you're one of the few people I've run across anywhere to give this game this kind of glowing feedback. Glad you liked it. :)

Like I said before: I think the damned thing is a videogame version of a Greek Tragedy. All kinds of sick potential all over the place that you can see as you play it but that's about it.

Obviously YMMV.

The studio who made this game was immediately closed after it launched. Think about that.

2 Hours is a gross exaggeration. Closer to 5ish or so. Took me one afternoon, got it via Goozex, traded it back out the next day.
I started at 7:00, ended around 9:30. So, I exaggerated by 30 minutes. I played it this past weekend so I'm pretty sure about it.

Back