Is G-Sync worth dealing with the quality issues of Acer and Asus?

Jumpem

[H]ard|Gawd
I keep hearing about quality control issues with monitors from the two predominant manufacturers of G-Sync models.

Should I continue to look at G-Sync monitors? Should I loon at non-G-Sync monitors from Samsung, LG, etc. and just continue using Vsync?

My 2 G-sync Acer monitors have been fine. The 4k has a bit of uniformity inconsistency but it's not noticeable when gaming. Other than that I have zero complaints. Well except for the cheesy blue power button. It's something I would expect to see on a $99 Walmart special, not an $800 monitor.

My PG278Q that has a manufactured date in October has been running flawlessly since being purchased in November last year. The display exhibited a bright spot where the G-sync module was mounted when new, but uniformity became very good after about a month of use. No power, connectivity, image, or backlight issues to speak of after 10 months of heavy use.

i purchased a pg278q about two months ago and it still running the same way out of the box... sometimes i wish it was the panel was ips... the thin bezel was a huge plus....single input....1ms GTG.... it made me wish i didn't already own catleaps otherwise i would have purchased two more

it supports ULMB but only when Gsync is disabled....and the monitor can only be rotated in one direction...

Buy from a retailer with a good return policy and you really have nothing to lose but a little bit of your time. Yes it is worth it.

Most of the people complaining have early adopter syndrome. The first few batches are bound to have issues, I own 4 G-Sync monitors (3 of them to be sold) and not a single one has a dead pixel or issues. They key is I waited 3-4 months after they came out to buy one, and when I bought one... I bought it from a place i can physically return it if i had to (Microcenter).

Back