Is G-Sync worth dealing with the quality issues of Acer and Asus?

Jumpem

Gawd
I keep hearing about quality control issues with monitors from the two predominant manufacturers of G-Sync models.

Should I continue to look at G-Sync monitors? Should I loon at non-G-Sync monitors from Samsung, LG, etc. and just continue using Vsync?

Astral Abyss

2[H]4U
My 2 G-sync Acer monitors have been fine. The 4k has a bit of uniformity inconsistency but it's not noticeable when gaming. Other than that I have zero complaints. Well except for the cheesy blue power button. It's something I would expect to see on a $99 Walmart special, not an $800 monitor.

Armenius

Fully [H]
My PG278Q that has a manufactured date in October has been running flawlessly since being purchased in November last year. The display exhibited a bright spot where the G-sync module was mounted when new, but uniformity became very good after about a month of use. No power, connectivity, image, or backlight issues to speak of after 10 months of heavy use.

tyty123

Limp Gawd
i purchased a pg278q about two months ago and it still running the same way out of the box... sometimes i wish it was the panel was ips... the thin bezel was a huge plus....single input....1ms GTG.... it made me wish i didn't already own catleaps otherwise i would have purchased two more

it supports ULMB but only when Gsync is disabled....and the monitor can only be rotated in one direction...

MistaSparkul

[H]ard|Gawd
Buy from a retailer with a good return policy and you really have nothing to lose but a little bit of your time. Yes it is worth it.

sMiLeYz

Limp Gawd
Most of the people complaining have early adopter syndrome. The first few batches are bound to have issues, I own 4 G-Sync monitors (3 of them to be sold) and not a single one has a dead pixel or issues. They key is I waited 3-4 months after they came out to buy one, and when I bought one... I bought it from a place i can physically return it if i had to (Microcenter).