Is Fujipoly NECESSARY with EK 290x blocks?

seaneboy

Limp Gawd
So, I'm planning on assembling my EK nickel+acetal blocks on the 290x this week.. And, I was reading up on a few situations where the VRMs got really hot with the included EK pads. My question is.. If I'm running EK blocks on 290x(s), is it a given that I must order the Fujipoly, or what?
Trying to decide if this is something I should just do off the bat, or consider it a 'down the line' type thing. I'm kind of thinking it worthwhile to do up front, when I realize how much I spent on the 290x's to begin with... What is another $60 or whatever it is for (3) sheets of Fujipoly ultimate super extreme elimination challenge thermal pads?

Thoughts on that?

The ultimate is too expensive for my blood, extreme should work fine. However I would just use the stock ones unless your getting the card second hand. If you have problems then pull it and try some fujipoly.

I used the extreme on my blocks and have much better vrm temps than what other people have posted. If your going to overclock i would suggest it. You can get the extreme pretty cheap. like 13$

Yeah, sounds like it's a must do... Is there any specific thermal paste to be used with the fujipoly?

Yeah, sounds like it's a must do... Is there any specific thermal paste to be used with the fujipoly?

If you search for my recent thread in the forum I was instructed to not use any paste with the thermal pads, however I had already used it an I'm getting pretty decent temps. I would go without I guess since that seem to be the consensus.

If you search for my recent thread in the forum I was instructed to not use any paste with the thermal pads, however I had already used it an I'm getting pretty decent temps. I would go without I guess since that seem to be the consensus.

Ok, thanks a lot! Man, your name works on so many levels... Nice work!

Back