is evga lifetime warranty a one shot deal?

ellover009

[H]ard|Gawd
Had a gtx580, lovely card until it got progresively worse, long story short i worked with evga tech support and came to a conclusion that it needs to be rma. My friend is telling me that the.lifetime warranty applies only to the original card and that anything i get back.is possibly only going to be covered for 30 days. So does anyone really know what kinda coverage the replacement going to have?
If the replacement has a short warranty i would be a little concerned seeying i only had the card for 6 months.

Lifetime warranty is lifetime warranty. Normally the way warranties work is you are allowed the remainder of the original warranty period to cover the new product. Being that they have a lifetime warranty it is still covered indefinitely.

So your saying that the warranty from the original card gets transfered to the replacement.

It transfers to the replacement card. I just went through the whole process with evga about a month ago.

My 6 year old evga 7800gs KO AGP card purchase is still under warranty (2x rma'd) when you buy a life time card or board from evga they mean life time.

The only thing it doesn't transfer to is a new person. If you sell the card, the warranty does not transfer so the new person is SOL if they need a replacement.

even teh replacement card is covered lifetime....IF you register it within 30 days of receiving it.

If you don't. it's 1 year.

Yes, remember to register the day you get it. I'll never make that mistake again.

thanks for the info guys, as I wonder about that when buying pc parts for the first time

. My friend is telling me that the.lifetime warranty applies only to the original card and that anything i get back.is possibly only going to be covered for 30 days. So does anyone really know what kinda coverage the replacement going to have?
If the replacement has a short warranty i would be a little concerned seeying i only had the card for 6 months.

It's lifetime if you registered the card with the screenshot providing the purchase on your account.

I got my GTX 280 FTW replaced and it's still under their lifetime warranty.

I had to use EVGA warranty twice.

First time, they sent me a replacement 8800GTX (same card) which worked for a year before it died. Send that one in as well, they send me back a broken card... I ended up buying a different card instead of messing around with them.

Second time my motherboard died, they sent me 3 replacement mother boards which were all DOA. I ended up buying a different brand Mobo and will NEVER buy a mother board from them again.

I would not put much stock in their life time warranties...

If you registered within 30 days and had your proof of purchase, the warranty from the original card applies to all future replacements.

Back