Is DLSS & Raytracing turned on/off in the NCP or within the game settings ?

Subzerok11

Gawd
Or are those features turned on/off within the game settings ?

Me personally I rather turn them off and have extra fps, that's why I'm asking. I don't own a RTX card yet but I'm thinking of buying one.

Me personally I rather turn them off and have extra fps, that's why I'm asking. I don't own a RTX card yet but I'm thinking of buying one.

DLSS improves performance from what has been shown so far. I'm sure you can enable and disable Ray Tracing ingame. It's way to early for it to be turned on automatically.

So DLSS doesn't take away system resources ? and it's a feature that stays on all the time even with older games ?

No game yet supports DLSS, and only one game supports Nvidia Ray Tracing. We have a full series on BF5 performance

The game has to be programmed for each feature, so they are per-game and in the respective game settings. Battlefield V is the only new game currently doing ray tracing and has to be enabled with DX12 in the game settings. Final Fantasy XV is the only game currently doing DLSS, and again you have to enable it in the game settings. Anthem, which comes out next month, is the next game to do DLSS, but it is not known if it will be available at launch. Metro: Exodus also comes out next month and is the next game to do ray tracing, and all info points to it being available at launch.

DLSS is a feature that is supposed to increase performance at 4K with minimal loss in image quality. Ray tracing is, of course, an expensive visual upgrade. It's a mixed bag in Battlefield V, running just fine in single player but having issues in multiplayer. We'll see what happens with Metro next month.

Back