Is cyberpunk 2077 too big? Failure imminent?

Is it too big and doomed for failure?

• Total voters
While I'm not going to defend them refusing to allow footage in video reviews, this is still not what Razorfist was talking about in that clip. He was talking about people CDPR is paying/sponsoring not even being allowed to talk bad about the game and the like. This is shitty, but a different kind of shitty.
I find both wrong (one for more often than not not being disclosed, the other by itself) and wish CDPR would drop the hypocritical pretense of being different and pro-consumer, but the fanboys' darling shield is too strong with them.

I find both wrong (one for more often than not not being disclosed, the other by itself) and wish CDPR would drop the hypocritical pretense of being different and pro-consumer, but the fanboys' darling shield is too strong with them.

Gamers will find literally anything to bitch about. Just wait until tomorrow if you want to see video footage FFS. Big bad anti-consumer CDPR is not forcing you to preorder the game before watching video reviews after release.

Gamers will find literally anything to bitch about. Just wait until tomorrow if you want to see video footage FFS. Big bad anti-consumer CDPR is not forcing you to preorder the game before watching video reviews after release.
Yeah, entitled brats those gamers are. Everyone knows the game isn't finished when it's finished and reviews aren't supposed to show what is being reviewed. It's, like, duh! I can't even...

I am really enjoying it.

The dialog, the hacking, the motion of the game flow is right on. So much is right on.
Only issue(s) can be how the mundane placements of people or the moment when you have the "gamy" kind of moments like picking up an ashtray to sell for a few eddies, and hitpoints advisories without smartgun analysis (although, I did get my smartgun link eventually), and perks. Just when you sink in the game it can be forgiven for such due to the effort of the real mechanics of it.

Seriously this is a time that finally The Last of Us has been equalized with game quality or even surpassed. I just spent 40 minutes in a braindance.........come on......think about that.

I find it comical that I had to turn aim assist OFF for mouse play.
Only about 15 minutes in, but liking it a lot so far.

The reason that CDPR didn't want video footage of the game is because of an obscene amount of visual bugs present in the pre-day-1-patch version which do not reflect the released game.

Some of those bugs are still present in the released version, but for me so far it has not been nearly as bad as the reviewers said, likely because things got fixed.

It's looking great on my system so far, and I haven't noticed any visual glitches yet or other bugs. I only played for maybe 30-45 minutes or so, but not bad at all so far. Just had to tweak a few mouse settings to get things tracking right.

So far DLSS isn't so bad, but I'm refusing to compare it to native :D As long as I don't see the difference on my own setup, I'm pretty happy with the way it's looking right now. Frame rates are great too so far.

It's looking great on my system so far, and I haven't noticed any visual glitches yet or other bugs. I only played for maybe 30-45 minutes or so, but not bad at all so far. Just had to tweak a few mouse settings to get things tracking right.

So far DLSS isn't so bad, but I'm refusing to compare it to native :D As long as I don't see the difference on my own setup, I'm pretty happy with the way it's looking right now. Frame rates are great too so far.

That's kinda what I'm feeling as well. I have RTX medium preset with dlss on quality, staying above 45fps so far on my 3840x1600 ultrawide. I just got done running from the border police.

That's kinda what I'm feeling as well. I have RTX medium preset with dlss on quality, staying above 45fps so far on my 3840x1600 ultrawide. I just got done running from the border police.

I'm "lucky" :D because I only play at 1080 even on my 4K TVs. I have RTX high preset, but trimmed back a few things that I rarely notice like AO. At this low res with DLSS it appears to be keeping a synced 60. Which looks really nice. I haven't verified the frame rate yet, but it appears synced.

Back