Is Crysis a far cry from what it should be??

Considering this thread is about the OP not feeling that Crysis lived up to the hype, I would absolutely agree. I bought the game on Friday night, and I'm just past the tank driving part.. I believe I am taking out more AA guns... again..

Everyone has different experiences with this game it seems, and all experiences range from "amazing with little to no bugs" to "horrible with lots of bugs"... I find that the people who rave over it to potentially exagerate their experience VS those who didn't enjoy it as much.

Saying that, I also find it amazing that throughout the forums and discussions over Crysis, there are a large portion of players boasting they are playing on hard or higher difficulty. Yet I do some looking back, and most of these people are discussing how to accomplish simple objectives in other games that are much easier to an FPS player... Basically I'm trying to figure out how these players are mowing through Crysis on hard, having an incredible experience, yet cannot get past the ferris wheel in cod4, for example... it fucking blows my mind, and I have a hard time believing these people are even playing the same game as I am....

I'm playing on medium, and haven't come across too many parts that I required some effort and skill / thought to accomplish. However, I can tell you right now, that the enemies I've had to kill was probably the most un-fun experience I've had in a FPS for a long time...

Here I am with a powerful, technologically advanced suit that offers me armor boosts, strength, speed, and the ability to turn invisible, yet I take less bullets or damage to die than a modestly armored korean soldier.... I just cannot get over this... I spend most of my time in Crysis avoiding firefights, because its fucking frustrating and there hasn't been anything I haven't already done a million times before in a game.

I also cannot understand how others think the physics are better than anything to date... From what I've experienced in real life, and my own knowledge of physics, heavy metal doors and jeep siding doesn't float when thrown into the air... Also, I'm amazed that a wooden ammo box can kill a guy, but over 10 bullets into his head and body is merely a flesh wound... I could give more examples, but I'm not here to list a bug report.

I'm completely aware of the so called "open ended" gameplay, so I tried to take advantage of that... This one level, I fell off a waterfall with a village of koreans all chasing me. I decided to fuck off and hide and cloak my way back in. Well I had no luck doing that, since no matter how far away, or hidden I was (without cloak), they knew where I was at all times. I'm amazed that a korean with a modest rifle could hit me with bullets from an insane distance, yet I couldn't even consider wasting ammo to make such long distance shots, and I'm not talking about either of us using sniper scopes or rifles. My point is that after I fell off the waterfall, I should have just restarted the mission, since afterwords, the A.I were "gods" knowing where I was at all times, and being able to hit me at incredible distances with inferior weapons. Add to the fact that I also had a helicopter chase me and follow me, and never lose track of me through dense jungle, prone position crawling and, Oh yah, a suit that makes me invisible....

I haven't went back to play Crysis since Friday night, and I really have no desire too. I want to get to the aliens, but from what I've heard, its not as fun or "open ended" of gameplay as it is killing the Korean soldiers.

I decided to replay the 4th level using an entirely different path and approach, and fuck me wouldn't you know it, but I fell behind the game, and no objectives would trigger aka Farcry'd and ended up having to reload a save game, just so the objectives would trigger. So much for open ended gameplay... I'm willing to bet people will argue this with me, throwing everything they can at me to prove me wrong...

I am willing to agree that if I had a faster system, and I waited for a patch, I would have had a more enjoyable experience. I also haven't tried the MP since the beta I participated in, so I'll reserve judgement on it till then.

To be quite honest in my summary, it felt like I was playing Farcry again with a special abilities suit and even more unexplainable glitches and personal gripes... Game of the year? not even close imo...

You are entitled to your own opinion, but as for a repetitious game, that's everywhere. Guitar hero is amazingly popular, but that is one repetitive ass game. At least in Crysis you can do things differently. This game runs great if you tweak the settings to work right on your rig. I was running the game on DX9, on very high except for the three big settings that run your computer down.
I totally enjoyed the game. Fighting KPA in the jungle was really fun. Being inside the space ship was scary, and the frozen tundra and the boat levels were amazing. Outside of Half Life 2, I've never had more fun playing a FPS.
But, that's my opinion. You can have your own.
But I HATE it when people complain about the game running slow and they have 4X AA, 1600X1200 resolution and the game on Very High. It's impossible, run the game in optimal settings, it's still uber fun.

Sounds like an easy loophole to overlook developing a good AI."You are just too elite we are simulating it guys everyone is dumb as a brick!!" . I think you just want to like the game. The AI cannot be the best you have ever seen in a game. And the problem with the AI is that it gets destroyed anyways by the overpowered suit. Delta mode was a breeze.

Then kindly indulge us.
Name one game, just one, of this magnitude, that has AI of this caliber.

I am dying to hear what you are using as a basis for comparison.

Considering this thread is about the OP not feeling that Crysis lived up to the hype, I would absolutely agree. I bought the game on Friday night, and I'm just past the tank driving part.. I believe I am taking out more AA guns... again..

Everyone has different experiences with this game it seems, and all experiences range from "amazing with little to no bugs" to "horrible with lots of bugs"... I find that the people who rave over it to potentially exagerate their experience VS those who didn't enjoy it as much.

Saying that, I also find it amazing that throughout the forums and discussions over Crysis, there are a large portion of players boasting they are playing on hard or higher difficulty. Yet I do some looking back, and most of these people are discussing how to accomplish simple objectives in other games that are much easier to an FPS player... Basically I'm trying to figure out how these players are mowing through Crysis on hard, having an incredible experience, yet cannot get past the ferris wheel in cod4, for example... it fucking blows my mind, and I have a hard time believing these people are even playing the same game as I am....

I'm playing on medium, and haven't come across too many parts that I required some effort and skill / thought to accomplish. However, I can tell you right now, that the enemies I've had to kill was probably the most un-fun experience I've had in a FPS for a long time...

Here I am with a powerful, technologically advanced suit that offers me armor boosts, strength, speed, and the ability to turn invisible, yet I take less bullets or damage to die than a modestly armored korean soldier.... I just cannot get over this... I spend most of my time in Crysis avoiding firefights, because its fucking frustrating and there hasn't been anything I haven't already done a million times before in a game.

I also cannot understand how others think the physics are better than anything to date... From what I've experienced in real life, and my own knowledge of physics, heavy metal doors and jeep siding doesn't float when thrown into the air... Also, I'm amazed that a wooden ammo box can kill a guy, but over 10 bullets into his head and body is merely a flesh wound... I could give more examples, but I'm not here to list a bug report.

I'm completely aware of the so called "open ended" gameplay, so I tried to take advantage of that... This one level, I fell off a waterfall with a village of koreans all chasing me. I decided to fuck off and hide and cloak my way back in. Well I had no luck doing that, since no matter how far away, or hidden I was (without cloak), they knew where I was at all times. I'm amazed that a korean with a modest rifle could hit me with bullets from an insane distance, yet I couldn't even consider wasting ammo to make such long distance shots, and I'm not talking about either of us using sniper scopes or rifles. My point is that after I fell off the waterfall, I should have just restarted the mission, since afterwords, the A.I were "gods" knowing where I was at all times, and being able to hit me at incredible distances with inferior weapons. Add to the fact that I also had a helicopter chase me and follow me, and never lose track of me through dense jungle, prone position crawling and, Oh yah, a suit that makes me invisible....

I haven't went back to play Crysis since Friday night, and I really have no desire too. I want to get to the aliens, but from what I've heard, its not as fun or "open ended" of gameplay as it is killing the Korean soldiers.

I decided to replay the 4th level using an entirely different path and approach, and fuck me wouldn't you know it, but I fell behind the game, and no objectives would trigger aka Farcry'd and ended up having to reload a save game, just so the objectives would trigger. So much for open ended gameplay... I'm willing to bet people will argue this with me, throwing everything they can at me to prove me wrong...

I am willing to agree that if I had a faster system, and I waited for a patch, I would have had a more enjoyable experience. I also haven't tried the MP since the beta I participated in, so I'll reserve judgement on it till then.

To be quite honest in my summary, it felt like I was playing Farcry again with a special abilities suit and even more unexplainable glitches and personal gripes... Game of the year? not even close imo...

You seem to consistently contradict yourself.
In the very same post, you too engage in hyperbole when it comes to the AI, but your take is hyperbolic in both exaggerated senses.

On the one hand, you contend that the AI is too dumb, for lack of a more apt term.
Yet on the other, you write an entire dissertation about how they seem to be able to track your every move irrespective of what you try to do to elude them.

Make up your mind already. :confused:

For the record, you are aware that they can track you by:
(a) sounds you make (which are in abundance, even as you crawl through the jungles and forests)
(b) the moving of foliage (which once more happens very frequently due to how lush the environment is)

So it stands to reason that they are aware of their environment, the sounds and movements that emanate from it, and they will investiage those sounds and movements, albeit a bit uncautiously and even haphazardly at times, but nonetheless.

Then kindly indulge us.
Name one game, just one, of this magnitude, that has AI of this caliber.

I am dying to hear what you are using as a basis for comparison.

It doesn't matter, minesweeper has better AI

Even if crysis had the best AI (which it doesn't) the mega suit makes the enemies into mosquito chasing bozos that can't kill a baby sitting in the jungle.

I was hoping to be challenged when playing crysis, but looking at the pretty colors got old in the first 10 minutes and the game didn't really offer anything from farcry

PS The enjoyment of the game is directly correlated to people's playing style, that is why there are completely opposite opinions on the game

Dont take what Im saying the wrong way, I loved FEAR. But their "amazing AI" just didnt impress me.
It used cover, flanked, and OMGWTFBBQ it jumped over ledges....But it was still brainless AI.
Not that Crysis AI isnt brainless,but I find myself enjoying having AI flank around me and hunt me down in the jungle alot more then FEAR AI running right into trip wires.

Crysis AI has its problems. Yah, it runs into walls now and then, but thats partially due to walls not being static parts of the map. I guess its an issue when you have destructible buildings and trees...I consider it a fair tradeoff.

FEAR AI had some good moments, using reinforcements and such, but like Crysis, it was all scripted.

Even if crysis had the best AI (which it doesn't) the mega suit makes the enemies into mosquito chasing bozos that can't kill a baby sitting in the jungle.

I was hoping to be challenged when playing crysis, but looking at the pretty colors got old in the first 10 minutes and the game didn't really offer anything from farcry

PS The enjoyment of the game is directly correlated to people's playing style, that is why there are completely opposite opinions on the game

I agree with the statement from the first chap here about the environment and how that can play a huge role in what the AI is able to do. I think as a whole what I have played of Crysis up to this point is has been mediocre but hasn't taken so far away from the experience that it makes the game unplayable.
The only other games that I can think of that can handle a non static environment with ease is HalfLife 2 Episode 2 but for the most part these are scripted situations and they handle these objects by simply continuing to face towards you, shoot and move around said object. I was really very impressed in some of the game play demos and footage that I have seen and gameplay experiences that I have had when enemies have walked sideways or even backwards in this open field environment. I mean hell I don't think 20% of the games out on the market that have come out in the last couple of years feature AI that I have seen that tells them to do anything but shoot at me, know exactly where I am and shoot as much as possible. To be honest I am get sick of those types of experiences.

That gets me to the second chaps final statement which is about how you play the game. I think when you play the game run and gun, shoot nonstop and go crazy with grenades then you see the dudes that you are hunting down freak out, scatter and completely loose any sense of organization. I think that when you play in a more stealth based way then you see them a little bit more collected but at the same time they have no idea where you are and no real idea where the threat lies. I think if you use a little bit of all of the suit powers and go nuts when it makes sense and be conservative with your grenades and heavy fire power when it doesn't make sense then you tend to see a little bit better reaction from the enemies that you are fighting against.

At the end of the day we all know that Crytek hates North Korea and really just poorly programmed the AI as a means to denote how incompetent their military is! ;)

The FEAR AI also noticed things like flashlights and noise, and reacted accordingly. They'd also use grenades well. The Crysis AI is good to, but only marginaly better than the AI in Farcry.

With Crysis, I ended up never using the flashlight for that reason. I found the AI used grenades well, though I never was killed by any.

One thing about crysis Ai I noticed was they were exceptionally good at not getting hit by my grenades.

With Crysis, I ended up never using the flashlight for that reason. I found the AI used grenades well, though I never was killed by any.

One thing about crysis Ai I noticed was they were exceptionally good at not getting hit by my grenades.

I noticed the same thing. I too never used the flashlight. It makes the cloak kind of pointless.

So here's my current experience with Crysis so far, my modicum of truth: during the second level I enter the village and proceed to kill Koreans. I find the hostage and get the following objective to kill tanks. I go outside and kill both tanks as well as the rest of the Koreans in the village. I go back to the hostage room and her and Psycho are just standing there doing nothing. My mission objectives state to "find the hostage and extract" her. So I go back outside and search the entire area 5 times - looking for a trigger to move the game forward. Nothing.

I had that happen to me the first time I played through. The goal indicator was over a different building that had nothing in it but enemy spawn points. Frustrating. Then I googled and said FIDO I'M A FUCKING MARINE, DRIVE ON!

Okay, so I'm special forces. Whatever. Adapt, improvise, overcome.

I just noticed that as well. They can see grenades coming from a mile away. I never used grenades the first time through.

Maybe Crysis AI > *, maybe not. It's irrelevant because it's still broken in some aspects. If some of the most glaring issues are fixed I'll be even happier. I don't think that will bring too many converts to the game as everyone has their own style that they like.

I finished it and am somewhat underwhelmed. The gameplay was not what it could have been. Recall the first in game movie of gameplay and tell me was ANYONE able to play like that? No, I didn't think so. Walk into a gang of enemy and you end up cut down after what? Three hits?

The AI is great, the graphics are nice, the concept is fun. The weapons balance was just stupid. Like someone else mentioned the enemy requires 5 times the energy to kill as our hero. Stupid Stupid Stupid.

No headshots. Big big mistake. The lack of balance destroyed the firefights. The vehicles were kind of cool but the vehicle missions were so lame they could have left them out totally. Other than being fun to blowup they served no purpose. The entire carrier level was useless. Completely and utterly useless. And the game is far far too short.

All that being said, there must be something great about the game because I played every night since I installed it. Couldn't get enough. So despite it's shortcomings it is a good game. But it was indeed a total letdown at the ending simply because it is too short.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm playing the same game as others in this, and other, thread(s). I've played through multiple times, all on Delta, and haven't seen any of what others complain about. No magical spawn points, no grenade premonition nor ability to find me when cloaked. Every single headshot has killed the enemy it hit. Unarmored soldiers died after 3-4 rifle rounds to the torso. It even runs well on my system at high settings. However, I did have a minor bug at the end that prevented me from finishing the game but a simple reload fixed that.

I guess I've just been lucky.

I headshot the AI all the time????

The carrier level WAS completely ignorant, I agree. Won't be replaying that one....

Weapons balance IS a bit tough, I understand the KPA have body armor, but jeez, so does my character, and damn, I wish I had the KPA armor instead! :D

As far as larger numbers of enemies, you can succesfully firefight them, use the jungle and environment (rocks, trees) to your advantage. I typically will kill one or two, then fall back and recover a bit. Being dumb AI that they are, they keep coming after me,and I keep mowing them down, 1 or 2 at a time, till they are gone.

To use grenades on them effectively, you have to toss a grenade at them, then tag them with a bullet or two to hold them in place...or trap them against a rock or something. I think the grenades are great, get one close, and they die!

Decent game, GREAT graphics engine, looking forward to Far Cry 2 and other games on this engine, and a faster card that can run 1920x1200 with high settings....:p

Decent game, GREAT graphics engine, looking forward to Far Cry 2 and other games on this engine, and a faster card that can run 1920x1200 with high settings....:p
Sorry to burst your bubble..FarCry 2 isnt on this engine or made by Crytek either

Crysis allows headshots. I use it almost exclusively and set the wep to single shot because I like the noise. If they're wearing helmets you have to hit them in the face, or else pull a Clint Eastwood and shoot their hats off first.

If you're going for the body shots use the SMG or shotgun. I love how the different weps work. The FY71 is second only to the SCAR as an all around wep and there's tons of ammo. I junk the SCAR until later rounds. SMG is good for a high rate of fire. The shotty rules at short range and the sniper rifle packs a nice punch and is very stable at long distances. Until you get the assault scope, accuracy will suffer, but the reflex sights are great.

The pistols.. Hmmm, good for panache. I never use 'em. ;-)

Then there's all the config options and specialty weps (which are just okay). Overall it's not a huge number and some of the config options are useless. I'm starting to love the tactical attachment though.

Another thing about the AI I hate is that mercy delay when they have you nearly dead. I gotta edit that thing out because it totally sucks.

One thing I haven't looked at is if the weps are more accurate (less shake) at long distances if you take the scope off. That would be a nice touch if they were.

I'm starting to love the tactical attachment though.

Ditto. I didn't even realize what it did until the later levels. Hit 'em with the tac shot, nano-strength, then punch for death. I'll take that ammo, tyvm.

I don't know why so many people are complaining. Maybe you expected too much. I've had some graphical bugs here and there, but it's no biggie. I think the AI is pretty good. I don't expect to be seen while I'm invisible. And I was nailing numerous headshots, numerous. Maybe you guys are just bad shots. I fully enjoyed the game, just wish I had a better system.

I fully enjoyed the game, just wish I had a better system.

Me too, I'm playing 8x6 (scaled on an LCD) at med/low settings and running in the teens and low 20s for FPS. People bitching about 'stuttering' (20-30 fps) at 16x10 don't get any sympathy from me. :D

Everything was okay on basically all medium, till I hit the snow area. then I had to bump it down to basically low, a few mediums.

Crysis allows headshots. I use it almost exclusively and set the wep to single shot because I like the noise. If they're wearing helmets you have to hit them in the face, or else pull a Clint Eastwood and shoot their hats off first.

If you're going for the body shots use the SMG or shotgun. I love how the different weps work. The FY71 is second only to the SCAR as an all around wep and there's tons of ammo. I junk the SCAR until later rounds. SMG is good for a high rate of fire. The shotty rules at short range and the sniper rifle packs a nice punch and is very stable at long distances. Until you get the assault scope, accuracy will suffer, but the reflex sights are great.

The pistols.. Hmmm, good for panache. I never use 'em. ;-)

Then there's all the config options and specialty weps (which are just okay). Overall it's not a huge number and some of the config options are useless. I'm starting to love the tactical attachment though.

Another thing about the AI I hate is that mercy delay when they have you nearly dead. I gotta edit that thing out because it totally sucks.

One thing I haven't looked at is if the weps are more accurate (less shake) at long distances if you take the scope off. That would be a nice touch if they were.

I wish you could stick with single pistols. I don't want to add a second pistol every time I pick one up. I don't want to John Woo it if I don't have to.

I was quite disappointed last night with the AI. I'm in the level where you first get the sniper rifle and move towards the small village. I was shooting at guys from far away, and they wouldnt even face me..they kept huddling in the middle of the road and shooting out towards the ocean. I even walked out onto the road and they wouldnt even look at me as I pegged them off. That really made me a little unsatisfied.

I hope an AI patch comes out soon.

I wish you could stick with single pistols. I don't want to add a second pistol every time I pick one up. I don't want to John Woo it if I don't have to.
That is quite the strange quirk about this game. It doesn't fit in with a military theme at all. I resolved this by simply not picking up pistols, but only their ammo.

That is quite the strange quirk about this game. It doesn't fit in with a military theme at all. I resolved this by simply not picking up pistols, but only their ammo.

If I ever picked up two, I'll always drop one. I find a single pistol easier to aim with and just as effective. If you are doing to go dual though, the laser sights are a must.

Actually its quite the opposite. Those who love it a lot are giving legitimate reasons, and those that don't like it are complaining because the AI acts stupid in a stealthy situation. I don't exaggerate at all when I say that this game is the best I have ever played. Hell, I haven't played anything else since it came out. After playing it a few times I don't feel a need to go and try other games right now. Nothing else really appeals to me any more, nothing is on the same level or even close.

Seeing as this game was designed as a revision or improvement on Far Cry, I believe it accomplished its goals without question. Did you expect this to be unlike Far Cry? CRYtek, the makers of Far CRY, and their new game CRYsis? If you didn't think they would be similar there are bigger problems here.

If you didn't like Far Cry then why would you buy a game that has the same environment? This is the first game I have played in a while that hasn't hard crashed or locked my system. Small bugs will be smoothed out over time just like Far Cry.

Have you played the game on Delta? Run into an enemy camp like Rambo and your so called mosquitoes will bite your head off.

I agree on the opinions of the game. I have a friend that played Crysis for 10 minutes then tried COD4 and beat it in 3 hours. He is the kind of mindless guy that just wants to shoot stuff. The kind of guy that sat in the mall all day playing those shooters like Area 51. Crysis takes someone that isn't just playing a game to blow people away with a big and powerful gun. If you don't like to think before you shoot, you won't like Crysis.

Crysis is a great game, but COD4 is simply the best fps of all time!

In what ways was it better? Immersion? AI? Graphics? Sound? Gameplay? I don't even see how people can make it all the way through that game, much less more than once.

Have you played the game on Delta? Run into an enemy camp like Rambo and your so called mosquitoes will bite your head off.
If you read above you will see that I started playing it in Delta after seeing people claim the game was easy on the forums, and the suit is still incredibly overpowered

Sure I could choose not to use the suit and try to play the game without it, but why stop there? I could try playing the game with no mouse, or blindfold my eyes. Crytek failed to make a remotely challenging game, and it is up to them.

COD4 in the hardest level is much more challenging than crysis in delta

I have never been impressed by a game by its graphics, and I upgraded from a 6 year old pc to a top system just to play the new releases of games, and everything still felt too bland.
I returned/ sold all my parts

I didn't even have any expectations, I expected a benchmarking tool with some single player and that is what I got

Crysis takes someone that isn't just playing a game to blow people away with a big and powerful gun. If you don't like to think before you shoot, you won't like Crysis.
This sounds like you are trying to romanticize something that is simply not true

I would agree with this statement if sneaking/attacking objectives required any sort of skill at all, but it doesn't.

What I meant about playing styles, is that crysis engine adds different ways of completing objectives, and some people might wander off, play around with the physics engine, wack off around the trees / sharks and enjoy every minute of it vs people that just complete the objectives straight on

You seem to consistently contradict yourself.
In the very same post, you too engage in hyperbole when it comes to the AI, but your take is hyperbolic in both exaggerated senses.

On the one hand, you contend that the AI is too dumb, for lack of a more apt term.
Yet on the other, you write an entire dissertation about how they seem to be able to track your every move irrespective of what you try to do to elude them.

Make up your mind already. :confused:

For the record, you are aware that they can track you by:
(a) sounds you make (which are in abundance, even as you crawl through the jungles and forests)
(b) the moving of foliage (which once more happens very frequently due to how lush the environment is)

So it stands to reason that they are aware of their environment, the sounds and movements that emanate from it, and they will investiage those sounds and movements, albeit a bit uncautiously and even haphazardly at times, but nonetheless.

Oh my... You should have just said that I am an fucking idiot who doesn't know how to play a game...

Lets assume I'm not a mouth breathing moron, and that I perfectly understand how to play Crysis... I mentioned my experiences with the enemy A.I. because their behavior contradicted normal enemy behavior. I didn't contradict myself, but rather I had a "bug" that prevented me from being able to hide or escape their radar. Every other scenario where I screwed up and alerted the enemy, I was able to get away, and approach the objective again... I don't know what happened after I jumped the waterfall, but I was miles away basically at the start of that mission, and enemies from the village were still slowly moving towards my position like they knew where I was....

The next time I played through that level, I didn't have these problems... :confused:

In what ways was it better? Immersion? AI? Graphics? Sound? Gameplay? I don't even see how people can make it all the way through that game, much less more than once.

Yes, IMO in immersion, graphics, sound, and specially gp! I can't understand how some folks just don't love it... but hey, I'll never convince you to realize it's absofuckinlutely the best fps ever, and I bet you won't be able to convice me it's not...we definitely have diferent tastes :)

Actually its quite the opposite. Those who love it a lot are giving legitimate reasons, and those that don't like it are complaining because the AI acts stupid in a stealthy situation. I don't exaggerate at all when I say that this game is the best I have ever played. Hell, I haven't played anything else since it came out. After playing it a few times I don't feel a need to go and try other games right now. Nothing else really appeals to me any more, nothing is on the same level or even close.

Seeing as this game was designed as a revision or improvement on Far Cry, I believe it accomplished its goals without question. Did you expect this to be unlike Far Cry? CRYtek, the makers of Far CRY, and their new game CRYsis? If you didn't think they would be similar there are bigger problems here.

If you didn't like Far Cry then why would you buy a game that has the same environment? This is the first game I have played in a while that hasn't hard crashed or locked my system. Small bugs will be smoothed out over time just like Far Cry.

i dun thoughted its was abouts kittens and soft furry tings... Ima stil thoughted it woulds be fun, buts darn it I shoulds of known i be too stoopids to plays such a advenced games... yous never hads problems wit Crysis, yous must thinks that problems are cuz peepoles like mes been kicked by mules in da head 2 muchs... Duuurr...

Oh my... You should have just said that I am an fucking idiot who doesn't know how to play a game...

Lets assume I'm not a mouth breathing moron

I'm not sure, but this comment seems to be very distasteful. There are plenty of reasons for a person to breath through their mouth. Imo there's nothing worse than some fat jackass breathing heavily through his nose while making that "HMRPH" sound.

The next time I played through that level, I didn't have these problems... :confused:

You answered your own question in the paragraph above

Wait... which one of us doesn't understand sarcasm?

Right on Dallows! thats awesome! :)

How about you two getting a room together and work this while the rest of the forum gets on with this thread ;)

....in non-sarcastic terms, cut the shit

Just to bring up a point...

I'm sure many of you have played Crysis, but how many of you have actually beaten it?

It quickly picked up pace after the first Island parts.

I also thought Crysis got better consistently throughout. The anti-grav level was strange and perhaps out of place but I give props to the devs for doing something courageous and ambitious. ;)

I've practically beaten it. I'm on the carrier with a bugged TAC Launcher that won't lock on to the big baddy. That's the only major bug I've run across. Other than that I haven't seen any glaring bugs, the AI has been relatively straight with me, and I am really glad I played the orange box first, because once I got used to these graphics, I'm finding it very hard to take that step down. Even COD4 looks like mush. (I've got a sealed copy, anyone want to buy it? :p)

Anyway, there's a few other issues that need addressing, and since I saw EA somewhere on the box I knew it wasn't going to be a flawless gem. As per usual, it's a bit rough around the edges, but nothing that a good patch won't fix. Just waiting for it now!

Overall, the graphics, gameplay and sound just make this game a one stop shop for me.

Crysis was just evolutionary over revolutionary. It was Far Cry with better graphics, but didn't add anything new. I hated the mutants in FarCry, and I hated the aliens in Crysis. They're just a super-tough enemy to fight against because the developer can't program an AI opponent with your same health and ammo that can provide any sort of challenge... weak.

I hate people that say COD4 is the best FPS ever. COD4 takes shooters in entirely the _wrong_ direction. Everything is locked into a linear path: go to A, do this, go to B, do that, go to C, shoot yourself for playing this crap. It is a pretty shooter, but there is no freedom to do anything. I guess Operation Flashpoint just spoiled / woke me up by giving me the freedom to do anything I wanted and any game that just says "you have to do it this way" is just cheap.

I'm sure many of you have played Crysis, but how many of you have actually beaten it?

Well I'm pretty sure that a lot of people in this tread have beaten the game atleast once (someone correct me if I'm wrong) so what is the point?

Sure it picks up pace after you have been in the alien "ship" thing but I think it's at that precise moment that the gameplay looses its charm. The gameplay changes from being mostly a sandbox in something that, IMO ofcause, could aswell have been a corridor shooter. Sad really is I liked the sneaking around infiltrating approach that I could adopt before that.

Personally I haven't really been bothered too much by the AI, about the only thing that I found annoying was the ability of the helicopters to detect me, regardless of cloaking and whatsnot. Ofcause this can be reationalized by the fact that most of these types of attackvehicles have thermal imageing systems, so I can't really say that this is an error...

Eventhough I had to reduce resolution in order to get things like lighting and postprocessing on very high (under Vista) I have been really impressed by the graphics of Crysis aswell as the sound, so I cannot really complain here...

Storywise the ending was way too much of a cliffhanger and pretty cheesy by the way, IMO atleast, but hey, by that time I just wanted to be done so I could start over with the first half of the game again...

When I put all of this together I end up with one central gripe -Aliens, I just don't want to fight them, give me armies of korean soldiers to fight but please don't force me to fight cheesy aliens...

Game of the year? For me no, Bioshock still holds that title...

Back