Is Crysis a far cry from what it should be??

The SCAR and the KPA rifle do it quite well. Though takes more work.
Equip either scope, preferably the sniper scope, laser(increases accuracy), and silencer.
Activate maximum strength. (reduces gun sway in half and reduces recoil).
go prone or crouch. (going prone levels the sights. Standing, at around 200m, your bullets hit close to 1-2mm above the reticle. When standing, want to hit head, aim for neck. when prone, wait to hit head, aim for head)
select single shot

enjoy headshot after headshot.

You gotta remember to lead your target, since Crysis bullets have flight time. Tank shells are greatly effected by gravity.

I had no problems with head shots either.

I loved the game, but noticed the same thing. Loading game saves I could shoot through enemies, and I'd complete a secondary mission, dl some data, and have the objective stay and have to restart the level. Hopefully that all gets fixed, but I'm not sure I'll be playing the game again anytime soon.

Really? Are you sure you just don't know how to play Crysis? I was told this after I had the same issues... I was told it was because I didn't understand how to play the game properly... I had lots of problems with objectives not triggering, and it looks like I'm not the only one...

I still ended the game twice, just to assure myself it wasn't due to my ignorance of the games mechanics. I still had the same bugs through the first few levels, taking vastly different paths each time... I could honestly say that even without the bugs, the game is pretty boring. Oh don't get me wrong, the graphics are incredible!! Oh woweee..!! lol :rolleyes:

I would however recommend finishing the game. Just push through the problems you are having and keep going. Just so you can defend yourself when they attack you on the forum for judging a game before actually finishing it. :)

Boring? Really? Not so sure about that. I mean, there were parts that didn't move as quickly, but it was largely a "stealth" game at the beginning. Are you telling me that when you met up with the marines to attack that town at night/early morning and the shells were flying from either side that wasn't awesome? Seriously.

Really? Are you sure you just don't know how to play Crysis? I was told this after I had the same issues... I was told it was because I didn't understand how to play the game properly... I had lots of problems with objectives not triggering, and it looks like I'm not the only one...

After Crysis became literally unplayable for me (Village objective wouldn't update), I let it sit for a week while I had better stuff to play. Yesterday I looked around a bit on forums and found that the mission objectives not updating is a documented bug - and about the only fix is to restart. So I restarted. Once I got back to the Village sequence, I think it did it again.... Right after I killed the two tanks, nothing happend. The game didn't tell me anything. So I go back into the school house and find Psycho and the hot Korean chick with the creepy black mouth still sitting there. I check my objectives and find they're different than they were the first time I was stuck. Now my main Objective says I have to find the excavation site, and all my current objectives were already completed.

At this time the game was giving me no indication of where I needed to go. So I said screw it, I'm just going to wander around and oogle at the nice scenery. I went down the road and found some blocked off tunnel. Went to the beach and swam around a bit. Went into each building at least twice and looked around. I eventually made my way southeast and found this really picturesque grotto area hidden up in the woods - a little pond with a waterfall nestled in the rock, covered in rainbow. "Awwwww...", I said. After power-jumping up on some ledges, I found a path leading into the woods. I was intrigued, so I followed it. Then I ran into some KPA patrols, so I figured there must be something down here! After some awesome fire fights in a beautiful river valley, I was finally making some progress. I eventually went down a path to what seemed to be a deadend... and then I saw it. A cave. At this very second I thought that this was perhaps the greatest game ever made. The developers put some super secret cave out in the middle of nowhere for me to explore. It was almost like an FPS Oblivion! So with much anticipation I delved right in. After about 4 steps a loading screen kicks in, and my hud said "Objective complete: enter the cave". wtf??? I had no such objective. And during the following cinematic I was somehow with Prophet again, outside, and he was yelling at me to go do something.

Anyways... I'm not sure how I got to where I was, all I knew is that the game finally progressed forward, so I went with it. =/

I ran into mission objective errors, the VTOL doesn't land due to ground presence and you kill all the dudes on the ground and it never lands, I actually restarted the game at that point and played it on the 2nd difficulty setting, the 3rd one was a bit too silly, people too way too many bullets to kill.

I'm glad I was able to get through the game without any of these issues.

I'm glad I was able to get through the game without any of these issues.

Me too! In fact, I have been going back through all the levels EXCEPT the silly carrier mission, and replaying them with the objective of finding and killing ALL ENEMIES.

I have even went exploring and found some cool areas I never saw before, and kind of went backwards through the map and approached my objectives from the opposite side. Then after the game told me "objective complete" I went forward and had no more enemies to kill since I had already circumvented the normal path. Sounds weird, and it takes some exploring and travel, but damn, fun and cool. I love firefighting the the KPA through the jungle, using the suit like it was intended. On hard skill levels you cannot gun and run too much, you get owned because the supernatural aim of the KPA will quickly ruin your nanosuit.

Oh yeah, always keep a rocket launcher handy to deal with those damn all seeing helicopters.:cool:

Me too! In fact, I have been going back through all the levels EXCEPT the silly carrier mission, and replaying them with the objective of finding and killing ALL ENEMIES.

Yeah the carrier stuff seemed rushed and surely wasn't the equal of the rest of the game. Right there it felt like your garden variety FPS game and didn't impress me at all. That part of the game I felt could have been done better. Graphically it was one of the game's weak spots also.

Boring? Really? Not so sure about that. I mean, there were parts that didn't move as quickly, but it was largely a "stealth" game at the beginning. Are you telling me that when you met up with the marines to attack that town at night/early morning and the shells were flying from either side that wasn't awesome? Seriously.

Yes I'm quite certain the game was boring. Especially the tank driving level.. I did this years ago in Call of Duty... except it was much more enjoyable in CoD... Attacking that town was alright, but the game was still boring to me...

I've said it before, and that is if I had a faster system, I'm pretty certain I would have enjoyed more of what Crysis has to offer.... I've also said its my fault for not having a system powerful enough to play crysis with some graphics options turned on... However I did end the game twice, and nothing about it was awesome or highly memorable. The ship at the end looked cool...

Back