Is Battlefield 4 worth buying

Couple other problems I have with this game.

1. Why is my screen always shaking? a grenade goes off anywhere within 100 yards and it shakes for 5 minutes

2. What is all this distortion? It's like my soldier's eyes are digital and there's interference so it gets all distorted and pixelated almost. This happens when no one is around.

2. What is all this distortion? It's like my soldier's eyes are digital and there's interference so it gets all distorted and pixelated almost. This happens when no one is around.

Didn't someone say it's from EMP? That makes sense, because the MK I Eyeball is severely affected by EMP.

If BF4 didnt crash 4-5 times a day, it would be awesome. Gotta love how they made a great game, only to have it crash like it does.

Couple other problems I have with this game.

1. Why is my screen always shaking? a grenade goes off anywhere within 100 yards and it shakes for 5 minutes

You are being suppressed when this happens. 5 minutes - that's a bit hyperbole unless you are near an area where grenades or some other explosives are going off continuously. Also, disabling motion blur should help a bit.

You are being suppressed when this happens. 5 minutes - that's a bit hyperbole unless you are near an area where grenades or some other explosives are going off continuously. Also, disabling motion blur should help a bit.

Yes, obvious exaggeration. How am I being suppressed when there's no gun fire sounds or dings or anything like that? It just happens. I could be running and it happens. Seems like a bug, and it's fucking annoying. Supression visuals were much better in BF3.

The screen shake for every little thing is not over indulged at all. It's ridiculous.

Yes, obvious exaggeration. How am I being suppressed when there's no gun fire sounds or dings or anything like that? It just happens. I could be running and it happens. Seems like a bug, and it's fucking annoying. Supression visuals were much better in BF3.

The screen shake for every little thing is not over indulged at all. It's ridiculous.

I guess I'm not sure unless I see it, I was purely speculating. The game isn't perfect, but I find it a lot of fun. The only time I've noticed excessive screen shaking has been in locker when people are nade spamming. There is a patch being released next week. Perhaps, it is a bug they are fixing, maybe the EMP effect:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064769163140123/

I guess I'm not sure unless I see it, I was purely speculating. The game isn't perfect, but I find it a lot of fun. The only time I've noticed excessive screen shaking has been in locker when people are nade spamming. There is a patch being released next week. Perhaps, it is a bug they are fixing:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064769163140123/

Concussive blast isn't a bug. Locker is just the new Métro.

The one hit kill bug is a huge fix. That's ruined so many firefights for me. Pistols are not THAT good.

Concussive blast isn't a bug. Locker is just the new Métro.

The one hit kill bug is a huge fix. That's ruined so many firefights for me. Pistols are not THAT good.

I wasn't claiming that concussive blast was a bug. The game is acting normally when that happens. I was responding to the other user's comments. Read the context of the message(s).

I wasn't claiming that concussive blast was a bug. The game is acting normally when that happens. I was responding to the other user's comments. Read the context of the message(s).

Here's what you said, direct copy-paste:

"The only time I've noticed excessive screen shaking has been in locker when people are nade spamming. There is a patch being released next week. Perhaps, it is a bug they are fixing:"

Your grammar here indicates that you believe excessive screen shaking is a bug. If you don't believe it to be a bug, then don't immediately mention bugs and patches in the sentence following your sentence about screen shaking, let alone in the same paragraph.

Here's what you said, direct copy-paste:

"The only time I've noticed excessive screen shaking has been in locker when people are nade spamming. There is a patch being released next week. Perhaps, it is a bug they are fixing:"

Your grammar here indicates that you believe excessive screen shaking is a bug. If you don't believe it to be a bug, then don't immediately mention bugs and patches in the sentence following your sentence about screen shaking, let alone in the same paragraph.

I edited the post quickly, but you were too quick to jump on it. I am not going to argue here, because that is childish. The "it" was ambiguous, yes, but it was referring to the other user's issues from previous posts. Drop it, as the thread is going off-topic here.

Played it for 3 days - and I'm going back to Planetside 2. Maps aren't that great, lots of DMR/snipers everywhere, constantly crashing, audio cuts out on some maps, haven't unlocked much compared to everyone who's been playing since day 1 (which puts me at a SEVERE disadvantage in regards to equipment and "perks"), and a community that sees very few players actually working together in any fashion.

I can see the appeal, but this is definitely NOT the game for me.

I'll just say this. There is nothing quite like patiently waiting for the shot, sitting there in the bush when suddenly a little bird is about to make a strafing run on your ass and you square up and hit the pilot right in their melon, watching the little bird fall right out of the sky...so to answer your question, uhh..yeah..it's worth it.

I'll just say this. There is nothing quite like patiently waiting for the shot, sitting there in the bush when suddenly a little bird is about to make a strafing run on your ass and you square up and hit the pilot right in their melon, watching the little bird fall right out of the sky...so to answer your question, uhh..yeah..it's worth it.

:D such great moments in BF games

Played it for 3 days - and I'm going back to Planetside 2. Maps aren't that great, lots of DMR/snipers everywhere, constantly crashing, audio cuts out on some maps, haven't unlocked much compared to everyone who's been playing since day 1 (which puts me at a SEVERE disadvantage in regards to equipment and "perks"), and a community that sees very few players actually working together in any fashion.

I can see the appeal, but this is definitely NOT the game for me.

Agree with this. It does suck. Easiest thing to do is to join "Operation Locker" Conquest maps. Once you get a gun you like the feel of, stick with it, and get the upgrades for said weapon. Things will much faster/smoother then.

Nice to see some of the problems I've been having aren't just specific to my machine. :)

Nice game, looks good, plays nice. But, it does have a lot of things that need fixed. I got it for $20 ($30-10 coupon). It's worth that, but it's still buggy. $60, $50? No way. I'd be asking for a refund.

I'm hoping for some patches to come and fix the big issues.

When the game crashes for me (much rarer than on launch), it quits out to my desktop, but the computer doesn't need a reboot. You may have a computer stability issue that BF4 discovered. Specs? Also, try to run Intel memory burn in test. This program is typically a good indicator whether or not your computer is stable.

4670k, 8gb memory, 7870. it's not overclocked, temps are fine, but i'll give that intel memory test a shot! This is the only game that crashes like this. Pretty odd.

Also, my friend spins in circles nonstop in BF4. Nothing fixes it. He's pretty pissed.

in my opinion playing it on the ps3! absolutely not. full of bugs, downgraded graphics. nothing new to bring to the table. now on the pc this might be different as i played BF3 with a 5870 and it was good. But still this is the same as BF3 it feels just like an expension pack and nothing more. I would rent it but not buy it for 50 bucks!

My impression of Battlefield games is a bunch of dumbasses waiting for vehicles to spawn, jumping in them and immediately trashing them. Would Battlefield 4 fix that experience?

I'm mostly asking because if I buy a new Video card, the game might come with it, so I wanted to see if it would be worth the consideration.

My impression of Battlefield games is a bunch of dumbasses waiting for vehicles to spawn, jumping in them and immediately trashing them. Would Battlefield 4 fix that experience?

I'm mostly asking because if I buy a new Video card, the game might come with it, so I wanted to see if it would be worth the consideration.

nobody waits around in the airfield like the good old days of 1942 and BF2 because you can spawn directly into vehicles now. and yeah people still hop into vehicles and trash them right away or bail out because they've reached their desired sniper's nest.

speaking of BF2, I miss hopping in a jeep and going kamikaze running over enemies waiting for jets in their airfield :D

I'm pretty indifferent with it at the moment. It seems there is still quite a bit of work to be done, and I'm kind of regretting that I paid as much as I did for it.

Find a good [H] server (not sure if those are going yet or not - BF3 did for a bit), and you'll find people playing the game a lot better than the wide open public servers. The game won't fix the problem, but having good people to play with really does make it a MUCH better experience. I really didn't like BF3 much online until I started playing with the [H] servers - then I found a group of people that played it right, just to have fun. Find a good server and you'll find that your experience is a lot better.

Find a good [H] server (not sure if those are going yet or not - BF3 did for a bit), and you'll find people playing the game a lot better than the wide open public servers. The game won't fix the problem, but having good people to play with really does make it a MUCH better experience. I really didn't like BF3 much online until I started playing with the [H] servers - then I found a group of people that played it right, just to have fun. Find a good server and you'll find that your experience is a lot better.

Yeah, but I've never spent more than a few hours playing Battlefield period. That's why I had played online on the Xbox 360 a lot more than PC: No one was any good there either.

Got it for $25 Friday at Gamestop and loving it. Tons of fun and looks great to boot. Sucks having to regrind all my weapons and shit though, but no biggie.

Got it for $25 Friday at Gamestop and loving it. Tons of fun and looks great to boot. Sucks having to regrind all my weapons and shit though, but no biggie.

Damn - it was already on Black Friday? That's a bit soon. Good score.

I got Assassin's Creed 4 for my Wii U instead a the same deal, and it sounds like you got a much better deal. Dammit.

I got Assassin's Creed 4 for my Wii U instead a the same deal, and it sounds like you got a much better deal. Dammit.

I got AC4 for the PC about a week and a half back for $20 from someone on here, that was a pretty great deal. What's the reasoning for getting it on the Wii U when it's superior on the PC?

Damn - it was already on Black Friday? That's a bit soon. Good score.

What do you mean "soon"? It's Monday lol.

I got AC4 for the PC about a week and a half back for $20 from someone on here, that was a pretty great deal. What's the reasoning for getting it on the Wii U when it's superior on the PC?

What do you mean "soon"? It's Monday lol.

The reasoning is that I didn't get around to upgrading my PC until the day after I got the game. I didn't even know I'd get the opportunity to upgrade my PC.

Picked it up for $20, played through the single player and it was fun, better than 3 but not sure about the ending of this one.

It crashed several times, even with single players. I had to reload the Dam section as the save would not load after several attempts (system restarts, day in between play sessions, consistency check on files using origin).

I played some Multiplayer... the server browser sucks as bad as BF3... Filters work like crap.

Lots of server crashing... found one server that was stable and played for round or two. It's fun but the servers need to stabilize.

I just plan to casually play online until things gets better... I enjoyed BF3 but haven't played much in the past year. BF4 will just be for when I want to blow stuff up every now and then so I'm ok with it as the sale price, I would not pay full price for it in the current state.

Heck ya it is. Multiplayer is awesome. Commander mode is pretty sweet on the tablet app too.

I'm the same way. I honestly could not get into BF3 but BF4 is fun even when I'm losing.

I don't understand this ... it's exactly the same ... (except for the maps and the maps in BF3 were fine). Can you explain what makes BF4 fun when BF3 wasn't to you?

Picked it up for $20, played through the single player and it was fun, better than 3 but not sure about the ending of this one.

It crashed several times, even with single players. I had to reload the Dam section as the save would not load after several attempts (system restarts, day in between play sessions, consistency check on files using origin).

I played some Multiplayer... the server browser sucks as bad as BF3... Filters work like crap.

Lots of server crashing... found one server that was stable and played for round or two. It's fun but the servers need to stabilize.

I just plan to casually play online until things gets better... I enjoyed BF3 but haven't played much in the past year. BF4 will just be for when I want to blow stuff up every now and then so I'm ok with it as the sale price, I would not pay full price for it in the current state.

You just sold me on waiting longer.

ok for a bit of fun for the half round you can play before crashing, but if you are happy with bf3 just stay with that for a few more months.

Yeah I ended up not buying it cause I heard a lot of people told me it crashed.
I'm thinking of just getting COD Ghost

Back