Is Battlefield 4 worth buying

that was hilarious - was at work watching him lose it live. can't even say how many times this turd made me feel like that. underneath all the bullshit there is something good... but as it is now... ...

nobody will ever skip a title to punish ea though. everybody bitches but then keeps handing them cash.

I had a few issues with Battlefield 3 and previous games. I learned my lesson this time. I simply don't enjoy the game enough to overlook all it's faults. So this time I decided to wait awhile before getting into it. I'm glad I did.

I played quite a bit of bf3 and wasn't too impressed. Bf4 is a marked improvment, at least from what i saw in the open beta. but i personally can't justify paying 60 bucks for what bf3 should have been in the first place.

As a dissatisfied CoD fan (Ghosts is just not doing it for me), I'm going to be trying out the BF series again for sure. I've played a few, but they weren't for me back then. Maybe my tastes have changed? Either way, looks like it is time to give it another shot with CoD failing for me.

worm

why does DICE always seem to get a pass on releasing buggy games while other developers would get hammered for it (Bethesda, Ubisoft etc)?

I played quite a bit of bf3 and wasn't too impressed. Bf4 is a marked improvment, at least from what i saw in the open beta. but i personally can't justify paying 60 bucks for what bf3 should have been in the first place.

I dont really get this argument. Its like saying you should've been 5 years ago the person you are today. Things have to evolve, the developers aren't superhuman, and the millions of play hours that BF3 received gave them better perspective to building upon it.

Big patch rolling out today.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065217944685108/

1) Reduce the number of crashes
We believe this update will solve a large portion of the most commonly occuring game crashes, and the improvement in overall stability should make a big difference for many players.

2) Eliminate a network sync bug
If you’ve been experiencing situations in multiplayer where it appears that you are taking damage from enemies through walls, you might have been the victim of a network sync bug. In this game update, we have identified and eliminated one such bug that caused this type of gameplay experience. We are continuing to work on more multiplayer optimizations concerning network performance.

3) Improve Network Smoothing
We have made some improvements to the ”Network Smoothing” functionality that you can find in the OPTIONS>GAMEPLAY menu. The Network Smoothing slider governs a group of settings that aim to produce a tighter multiplayer experience based on your specific packet loss situation.

If you’ve been experimenting with the Network Smoothing slider earlier, it might now yield better results. If you haven’t tried it before, please explore this setting and set it to the lowest value you can without experiencing graphical glitches in the game. By setting it lower, you can get a tighter multiplayer experience, depending on your specific network situation.

More details upcoming
Besides the above mentioned focus areas, this PC game update contains a number of other fixes and tweaks that we will detail once it’s live.

Yep... big 1GB patch of more fail. I might just delete this turd of a game. Tried to play two games - first one server crashed, second this:

67r4w3.png

256hc3k.png

I don't think anyone's really giving them a pass.

Oh they do get a pass. How many people picked up Dead Space 3 and got pissed about the absurd microtransactions... only to get SimCity and get pissed about that... to go on to buy Battlefail 4? I think we'd be surprised how many people like to keep handing over their money. [It's similar to how people preorder the xbone that will consist of a company that has been involved with NSA spying on citizens (prism) putting a camera/mic in living rooms and a history of junk/failing hardware (360) - they keep handing money over.]

Last edited:
I dont really get this argument. Its like saying you should've been 5 years ago the person you are today. Things have to evolve, the developers aren't superhuman, and the millions of play hours that BF3 received gave them better perspective to building upon it.

Judging from their patch rollout and fixes, I don't think they've learned much. A AAA release having massive online issues like this is just par for the course when it comes to DICE I guess

Its is extremely rare these days to have a massive AAA game not come out with bugs galore. Not that that makes it okay, but what is the other option? Not buy any AAA game until... when? If no one buys them, publishers will stop paying to have them made. We don't want them to stop making them, we just want them to work.

worm

Oh they do get a pass.

Here 'they' magically changed from DICE to EA apparently.

I'd argue that even EA isn't getting a 'free pass'.

FWIW I'm not touching BF4 until it's much cheaper and in good working order. I've learned my lesson.

Meanwhile bf3 is in good working order with tons of maps to chose from. I don't understand why everybody is trying to play this garbage while bf3 runs perfectly fine and is stable.

Did they ever fix the performance issues or doesn't he game run like crap and is unstable? Open beta performance was pretty putrid.

Meanwhile bf3 is in good working order with tons of maps to chose from. I don't understand why everybody is trying to play this garbage while bf3 runs perfectly fine and is stable.

BF3 has degenerated into "use M16A3, sit in corner, shoot." Its best maps have fallen out rotation; good luck finding anything from Aftermath, for example.

BF4 is starting to settle into Locker/Zavod mindlessness, but at least those maps have flanking routes.

Basically EA took a lot of the good features from bf2 and chucked them out the window slapped on a new engine and called it bf3. now EA thinks to itself hmm you know those things in bf2 that made it great, and we chucked out the window when we made cod3...i mean bf3. lets add them back in and call it bf4.

that's why i don't want to pay 60 bucks for bf3.5

also i think EA is going to do to the bf series what they did with the medal of honor series. and beat it to god damn death with a money stick.

I eventually decided to just not buy this yet........

Smart move. Its a mess. Even on PC where its most stable crashes are common.

The PS4/Xbox One versions are also bug fests.

I traded mine in. Not tolerating that garbage again.

Untill I get a faster internet connection I'm staying away from the game =)
I hope they do a close quarters type of thing for the COD crowd again.

Operation Locker is very much like a Close quarters map, although sometimes if the teams are unfair it turns into one team pinned in their original spawn. Still it's a good map to rank up on quickly and they are currently offering Double XP for this week.

Untill I get a faster internet connection I'm staying away from the game =)
I hope they do a close quarters type of thing for the COD crowd again.

BF4 is on sale right now at the Origin store. Base game is $30...digital deluxe is $35. Is the China Rising DLC worth the extra five bucks?

BF4 is on sale right now at the Origin store. Base game is $30...digital deluxe is $35. Is the China Rising DLC worth the extra five bucks?

Check out the hot Deals forum to get another 10 bucks of each. I went with deluxe for 25 bucks, but if you plan on getting premium (which I think can be had for 37 dollars right now) don't bother with deluxe.

This game is fun as fuck when it's not crashing. It's blown up on me probably about 5 times since yesterday... had to update to the latest AMD driver just for it to not hang my entire system with a beautiful pure red screen at map change.

anyone else constantly crashing, computer freezes up ... black screen, gotta hard restart.

I'm on windowd 8.1 if that matters.

Really weird/annoying that they don't let you remap so many of the game's functions. Luckily that BF4 Settings Editor will let you. Otherwise I'm not sure I could even play it.

anyone else constantly crashing, computer freezes up ... black screen, gotta hard restart.

I'm on windowd 8.1 if that matters.

When the game crashes for me (much rarer than on launch), it quits out to my desktop, but the computer doesn't need a reboot. You may have a computer stability issue that BF4 discovered. Specs? Also, try to run Intel memory burn in test. This program is typically a good indicator whether or not your computer is stable.

I just picked up bf4, I havent been very happy with it. Frustrated mostly.

I think I just misssed the boat it seems like everyone has every weapon unlocked and I got a pea shooter.

It feels so much like bf3 and I was a great heli pilot and average jet pilot in that game.

In bf4 its just horrible, I know I dont have all the uprgades but I freaking take off I get missile locks on me. Freaking a10 chase me down in the jet. Yet when I am in the a10 the jets out run me. I just dont know what I am doing wrong.

Maybe I am just to old to these twitch games.

Considering returning it. I think origin has that option now.

Not to mention its pretty unstable. Crashes atleast twice a day.

Wow. I have been playing it for a while now and the worst I can report is server crashing here and there.

I'm just waiting to see if anyone else chimes in with anything similar.

I really have a hard time imagining the problem being on my end because I've been playing AC4 and plenty of other demanding games with ne'er a peep.

Lol I fell for the BF deal. BF4 for me doesn't take input from keyboard to press enter at intro screen but it sounds like I'm not alone with this issue. Found work-around to alt-tab, run internet explorer and switch back but the game runs for a few minutes then crashes back to desktop. Rig with Windows 8.1 Pro 32-bit ran BF3 pretty well. Currently doing a clean install of 64-bit to see if it makes a difference along with taking advantage of 16GB DRAM. Reason for buying PS4 because of this headache after spending a lot of time finding older more stable video driver.

I paid $15 for BF3 and IMO that was at least $5 still too much. When BF4 hits $15 range I'll consider buying it. Right now with deluxe editions over 100 bucks, wtf are they nuts?

I honestly don't know how anyone is having fun playing this game. I don't think they actually are though. I think people are just lying to themselves. Game is greatly imbalanced, looks like shit, they fucked up the jets, the vehicles, weapons sound (and sound in general) terrible, bugs galore, crashes galore.

I will be returning this through Origin tomorrow. Maybe worth it in a year at $5.

maps suck and game play is more cod than bf.
at $20 you might like it but for $50+ its a total rip off.

don't get me wrong cod4 was the best of the best, I am comparing it to the later versions.

I just picked up bf4, I havent been very happy with it. Frustrated mostly.

I think I just misssed the boat it seems like everyone has every weapon unlocked and I got a pea shooter.

It feels so much like bf3 and I was a great heli pilot and average jet pilot in that game.

In bf4 its just horrible, I know I dont have all the uprgades but I freaking take off I get missile locks on me. Freaking a10 chase me down in the jet. Yet when I am in the a10 the jets out run me. I just dont know what I am doing wrong.

Maybe I am just to old to these twitch games.

Considering returning it. I think origin has that option now.

Not to mention its pretty unstable. Crashes atleast twice a day.

Same dude. I used to love BF2 back in college. I just can't get in the groove of the new one.

Back