Is anyone here being solicited via Heatware messaging?

wowsza

Limp Gawd
i've been very active on this forum as of late, buying and selling mining equipment. lately, i've been getting unsolicited messages on the heatware site asking if i wanted to sell any of my cards via amazon payments. they were all brand new accounts, so i told them i'd accept crypto and crypto only from them, and never heard back. i've also gotten PM's from matching HardForum accounts that are brand new.

obviously sounds like a bunch of scammers, just wondering if anyone else has encountered them.

That's definitely peculiar. Have never heard anything of the sort. Wonder if these are done with stolen credit cards or what.

Not on heatware but I did get a few PM's from some newbies here at [H] when I was looking for a gtx670ftw. I looked at their profiles and noticed they were under 50 posts and spamming hard. After a quick report to the mods they were quickly banned.

Last edited:
Asking for Amazon payment is the first give away that its a scam. They offer 0 protection unless it is sold through amazon.

Asking for Amazon payment is the first give away that its a scam. They offer 0 protection unless it is sold through amazon.
What I thought was weird was that they were asking to purchase cards through Amazon and not the other way around.

Heatware has a messaging system?

lol, as a SELLER Amazon payments is preferred because of the exact reason you mention. It's a lot harder to get scammed by bad buyers.

Heatware has a messaging system?

lol, as a SELLER Amazon payments is preferred because of the exact reason you mention. It's a lot harder to get scammed by bad buyers.

Double ditto on this.

Back