Is Anybody going to buy COD Black Ops 2?

Are you going to buy the new COD?

• Yes

Votes: 68 16.3%
  • No

Votes: 271 65.0%
  • yeah, when it goes on sale on steam or another vendor

Votes: 78 18.7%

• Total voters
this game is without a doubt COD though.

is looks okay, plays REALLY fast.

good to play and kill some kids. i will say the scorestreaks are a lot more fun. i was using a dragonfly/helicopter gun thing and i was just raping shit. it was awesome.

i think this games hidden gift is zombies though

Whats interesting is they removed kill streak rewards and added score streak similar to Homefront. Haven't played yet but it sounds like a big improvement.

Ok, so I won a copy of this on Steamgifts yesterday and played a bit of it today. I've never played much of the CoD series, played a few in single, the only one I played multi was when I borrowed my friends copy for the PS3.

I don't remember the maps in MW2 being nearly as small as the ones in BO2. I mean these maps are fucking tiny. Again, I don't remember spawning being like this, or at least this bad, but I swear close to 75% of my deaths are with in 10 seconds of spawning and getting killed from behind. There has been cases where I killed a guy and he literally respawns 20 feet away behind me (I had it happen to me as the person being killed as well).

Seriously, is this what is considered fun now for a multiplayer shooter?

Graphically it isn't very good looking, some parts look ok, but a lot of it is just bleh. Found the sound weak as well.

I did think the customization of how you want to setup your guy as you unlock stuff was pretty good and neat though.

I played like 2 missions in single player and just turned it off, I'll give it another shot but it did nothing to actually pull me in or even care to keep playing.

Looking forward to trying the Zombie mode as that was the main reason I decided to keep the gift instead of just giving it to my friend.

I'm just baffled and am wondering if I am truly missing something or what about the multiplayer. I played it for a few hours to give it a fair shot, but man, between tiny ass maps and the spawning system I just found it boring and in all honesty, pretty crappy experience. Is this seriously what sells millions of copies now every year? While I had issues with MW2, overall I did enjoy the multiplayer (prestiged nearly 2 times before my buddy wanted it back), but this, wtf?

well for a lack of an xbox forum equivalant I'll post here. Decided to forgo my normal pc habits and buy it on the xbox 360. All my friends game on the 360 and so far it been tons of fun. Just playing games in a party of 4-5 with us talking all the time makes it very enjoyable, way better than playing the game alone lol.

havent had this much fin on a cod game since mw1

Definitely not buying. Not worth it only for single player at those prices. The multiplayer is just way way too fast and hectic for my liking. Then again, I haven't bought a Call of Duty game since Call of Duty 2. I did though receive a copy of MW2 in a Xbox 360 bundle and completed the single player once. No need for me to play another CoD game after MW2 unless they radically change something in the series (which I doubt since it sells so well in current form).

The game is good, sure it could be better.
Hard to say CoD 2 or CoD BlackOps2, it's a different time.
Yes a problem besides very powerful LMG's, is that you get attackers to often from behind and you can't go all tactical because than you would be to slow.
If they would make a change in the map design the game would be more pro competitive but the masses prefer like it is now, more average.

I did think the customization of how you want to setup your guy as you unlock stuff was pretty good and neat though.

tumblr_liawkkoSQf1qi1bj8o1_500.jpg

loved mw3. i like blops2 but wish these two would come together. I think blops2 is smoother but the maps to me are really really small with lots of cover and hiding. Usually a run and gunner and like small maps but these maps seems like i cant get behind the enemy (i dont run and gun straight at them). when I usually find someone there is a group due to the small maps. The customization of classes is really cool but atleast playing tdm is taking forever to lvl up and get good gear.

The multiplayer is just way way too fast and hectic for my liking.

its for kids with adhd.
they get bored if they dont see some enemy in a second.
and not having physics with desctruction aka dice with bc2 and BF3 is epic fail 2012.

That and, to be honest, destructible environments do not make or break a game. Sometimes it's nice to have and sometimes it's downright stupid to have. Certainly not a must, nor an epic fail.

I take it the multi-player actually works then?

I remember BLOPs was so poorly optimized on PC I couldn't play it for a few months until a patch was released.

Side note: I had a low-end PC at the time.

i didn't encounter any bugs or poor performance last night during the couple hours i played.

I caved and picked it up at the store while grocery shopping.

Installing now. Haven't played a PC version of COD since the first Modern Warfare. Kind of excited.

I also really disliked Battlefield 3, so that means I should really enjoy BLOPS 2.

Yeah? Local Shaws had it on sale there? I kid.

Played this with one of my friends last night, who talked me into getting it. Instantly reminded me of the fast paced fun we had in old UT lans. Fast paced, smooth, no issues encountered.

The additional amount of control over what you use on your kit is nice. Though, I am a sucker for customization! :)

i wish they would remake ut or quake... lost many hours to quake 2 ctf, rocket arena, and jailbreak

I take it the multi-player actually works then?

I remember BLOPs was so poorly optimized on PC I couldn't play it for a few months until a patch was released.

Side note: I had a low-end PC at the time.

its too easy to run, my 670 actually throttles. because the game is too easy to run. its like oh man this game is a sinch and drops my card to like 700mhz which lowers my fps. i have the same problem in diablo 3, super annoying. but otherwise it looks pretty okay and runs great. it isnt battlefield 3 though hah. like no comparison.

whats with the 12 player limit too? how lame is that.

there are some shitty COD players out there too i had some terrible team mates.

zombies is amazing though especially tranzit.

Ok, i will say this:

If Black Ops II won't be overrun by cheaters as other iterations of CoD were, then this is finally again a CoD worth playing for a longer time. Weapons are accurate (not accurate as in realistic, i could not care less about that), hitboxes are tight, graphics are good enough, rewards streaks not overpowering and really nice, maps are definately not bad either. That's all i really care about and this game delivers it.

I must say after some more or less average CoD games, this is at least worth the asking price again. Bought MW2 and MW3 as well as Blops1 on sale, last time i paid full price for a CoD game was MW1 and it was worth it. Just like this one is for me.

Im enjoying the MP so far. Its nice to just being able to jump in and quickly get into the flow of the game and get some FRAGs. Yea the graphics suck. The small maps and fast pace are a nice change from battlefield which can take me several rounds to get into the flow of things. Its typically COD though.

Just got my free cd key off the clan admin, will be posting impressions later tonight after my CCNP exam.

It's a fun game. But if you hate CoD you obviously won't like it. I buy it for the fun and my clan mates usually play, but I can also play it alone. BF3 is quite lame if you are playing solo as almost no one understands what teamwork is.

It's a fun game. But if you hate CoD you obviously won't like it. I buy it for the fun and my clan mates usually play, but I can also play it alone. BF3 is quite lame if you are playing solo as almost no one understands what teamwork is.

To be fair, BF3 also has deathmatch, where teamwork is nonexistent anyway.

To be fair, BF3 also has deathmatch, where teamwork is nonexistent anyway.

deathmatch isnt really the same in BF3. i think thats the point he is making... its a game based on team work. team deathmatch blows in bf3

Nephew gifted it to me a few hours ago and we played some before he left for work. Wasn't really feeling the initial guns but I figured there had to be something for me. Switched to the Recon and been loving the change of pace from BF3 and Warfighter. Railgun.. Err sniper kills are super fun and the explosive I leave on the ground to guard the opening to my room I'm camping give me advance warning that someone is coming.

I do notice that what I perceive as 1 or 2 shot kills for the enemy against me are actual 1/2 clips in the replay screen. If I can get that issue worked out I think the game is pretty fun so far.

Just got my free cd key off the clan admin, will be posting impressions later tonight after my CCNP exam.

Goodluck, remember RIP v2 has no class but OSPF will get you drunk faster. Do not believe BGPs lies after 5 minutes. No one touches IS-IS for a reason. She's Ciscos Girl.

Sat down and played ~1.5hrs of FFA.

I kinda like how they allow you to move stuff around in the custom classes.

Curious, I haven't bought a COD game since 4, I did play W@W, BO and MW2, and hated all 3 of them except for NZ in W@W (loved it). Would this be a good game to get back into the series with or is it just literally run of the mill stuff? I mean... I personally hate Activision... but I just want to play something I can pick up for about 30 minutes and just stop for a while. I got Hitman Absolution on pre-order, but yeah...

Or is it just another cash in with a half-assed PC version?

I think WAW is really underrated and copped a lot of flak because it went back to the at-the-time overdone WW2 shooter genre right after everyone was crazy over COD4's modern setting. It had a good, gory campaign and the Zombie Mode was a lot of fun. Multiplayer wasn't anything special, though.

I bought the retail version because I wanted to have the 2nd disc of ME2 one of my favorite games :)

Update after opening

DAMNIT I GOT THE WORKING BO2 DISC 2!!! :(

A friend of mine bought it. It's a casual shooter that we've seen million times. Don't waste your time on this.

First Impressions:

The graphics are horrible for a triple a title.

The single player story seems interesting. You can now choose your weapons before every mission.

They added old gameplay mechanics like lean. Pathetic, but I used to use it a lot and I'm glad it's back.

Bought this for the multiplayer. I find it entertaining and to me it seems like it's worth the money. Love the class customization. Nothing revolutionary, but the gameplay is fast paced and intense, just the way I like it. Would recommend to other CoD fans and general fans of the twitch-fps genre.

Played through a couple missions today. Horrible. So, so horrible. Everything about this game is horrible. Everything.

any tips on how to do those spec missions where u control multiple ppl? I cant beat any of them =/

How/why did this thread become "almost no one is buying this" to "let's talk about the game we just bought"?

Back