Is Anybody going to buy COD Black Ops 2?

Are you going to buy the new COD?

• Yes

Votes: 68 16.3%
  • No

Votes: 271 65.0%
  • yeah, when it goes on sale on steam or another vendor

Votes: 78 18.7%

• Total voters
If an analogy to food could be made about the Call of Duty games I think it would no doubt be represented by a bag of cheetos and a can of mountain dew. (flashily marketed, terrible food source) Battlefield 3 might be a more complete meal such as pasta and chicken with a side salad; however, it too is lacking. What I'm saying is that I need to go to the grocery store.

And no, I won't be spending $60 on a 4 hour SP story tacked on to a hollow, teenage angst filled, no environmental destruction having, weak game sounding... MP "experience". I don't begrudge anyone from playing it, just not the least bit interested.

Meh. Their commercial looked cheesy as fuck. Lets see how it plays out.

blackops was crap. In fact I can't really stand anything made by treyarch. I

i just looked on steam and its 130$ to get the complete package and dlc for a extremely mediocre casual fps that comes out every year... who the hell buys all that crap.

without old school server ftp control access, (which btw WAW by treyarch had and was the last to have and that makes it the last true PC MP FPS) they can cram it in their ass. For $25 i would consider it, after 6 weeks or so of being banned from every server for being accused of hacking and having nothing but shit servers to play on, (as usual with this series, if there's any servers at all) the game will basically die for me anyway. Plus it will be a hack fest as always with idiot 13 year olds with access to a servers "console" to push kick and ban commands without knowing their ass from their elbow anyway.

QFT the series has already died for me long ago .with out hardware venders pushing publishers to make better games there is hardly a reason to upgrade, which is evident in this release of FLOPS2 with the ground braking DX11 :eek: support.and you know the 12 year olds will be buying the hack the day the game is released . when it hits steam for $5 I may buy it.

Originally I was excited about BLOPS2. I loved the original Black Ops multiplayer. Single player was decent as well.

However upon hearing about how there will be no dedicated servers for rent I immediatley decided to skip this one. It'll be like IWNET all over again. I hate IWNET.

How is it going to be like iwnet when that was 100% p2p and black ops 2 is using dedicated servers exclusively?

I actually like the game(s), but the thing that really pisses me off is that they do nothing to stop cheats. Just a simple votekick system would keep them at bay. It wrecks the game.

I might buy it when it's discounted as it still looks pretty cool.

The problem in MW3 are cheaters i heard, i hope they can't migrate to BO2. Because the backup from the game developer to make patches and the like is like at 0% in nova days.

Call of Duty 4, was great, most near CS2.0 since today! Even MW2 was cool. BF3 is also not ideal, depends what game you want.

Some posts in this thread are not about the BlackOps2 multilayer, there will not be admin rented servers... so he can't kick you by thinking you are cheating. But it would be better to have dedicated servers, so we could rent our own and go the game experience we would like and get rid of true cheaters.

Supossedly they raised the fps cap to 120 and added DX11... if this is true and other [H]ers are pleasantly surprised than I think this may be a purchase :) Skipped the last 2... hopefully the game turns out great.

Stop riding the bandwagon of hate... wait till its out and then judge it.

lmfao. who the fuck would trade a 15$ dota item for a 60$ video game.

It wasn't just a regular courier though;). It was an unusual courier that had an awesome effect to it.

Just tried looking for one of the screenshots I took, looks like Steam got rid of it, it's not in my saved screenshots. :(

I caved in and purchased it this morning off steam.

I'm happy with how they packaged the pre-load. I don't even have to install single player to get multiplayer.

So a 5GB download instead of 21GB (total) if you want multiplayer only.

I'm hoping it's like black ops 1, but with more FOV and unlocked FPS from the start. (which is what the devs seem to say)

I'm interesting in cod2 'zombies only'.. haven't preordered i'd rather see more zombie gameplay 1st.. but even that is getting played out and old. I thought instead, getting: Chivalry medieval warfare

I actually like the game(s), but the thing that really pisses me off is that they do nothing to stop cheats. Just a simple votekick system would keep them at bay. It wrecks the game.

I might buy it when it's discounted as it still looks pretty cool.

Yeah cheating is very bad on cod multiplayer, any of the series. I've seen some cheating in bf3 too though it's annoying

Nope, I don't even bother with COD games anymore. Last one I truly played was COD4. I did pick up the first Black Ops since a bunch of people at work played it on PS3 but quickly sold it. I'll stick to CS:GO and Planetside 2.

I got a key for free from a friend who works in the games industry so I'll try it out. He's all excited about it. Supposedly it is visually quite nice, and has a competitive mode developed with MLG that removes any cheap shit and makes it, well, competitive.

I take all that with a huge grain of salt as promises are cheap and my friend is something of an optimist, but we'll see.

I certainly wouldn't have purchased it myself given how amazingly shitty many of the CoD games have been, but you never know, there have been some very good CoD games too.

I'd say to most people wait and see. Let it get released and see what it looks like. Presume it will be shit until proven otherwise, don't spend your money up front :).

One thing I will say that is heartening is that it is a Steamworks game and thus uses Valve Anti-Cheat. Of the anti-cheat systems out there, Valve's is one of the better ones so that will help with cheating to an extent.

This game at 60 dollars is a joke. No new engine? No real game mechanics? What a frakking joke.

Black Ops 1 and Modern Warfare 3 are STILL 60 dollars on STEAM.

I'm waiting for them to get to 19.99, and playing the single player campaign. Until them, screw'em

FOV 80 (annoying) and 120fps cap. Nothing unlocked.

Well according to pcdev over 80 broke things visually and the cap is 200fps in ranked matches. unlimited in unranked. With this being DX11 I doubt we'll be running at 200 fps, I run MW3 with 250 cap and I'm usually getting 150's for frame rate.

Some of you guys go too far bitching about this stuff. They've given us what we wanted and you still bitch. Go play at 30 fps on the console with 1/2 the texture quality and lod if it bothers you so much.

"pcdev: "Correction: Yesterday I said that FPS would be capped at 120 for ranked matches. The cap will actually be 200 FPS for ranked matches.""

Yes true, 200 ( even 120 would be ok). FOV still 80 (90 would be better!).

One thing I will say that is heartening is that it is a Steamworks game and thus uses Valve Anti-Cheat. Of the anti-cheat systems out there, Valve's is one of the better ones so that will help with cheating to an extent.
Valve anti-cheat is a joke.

Valve anti-cheat is a joke.

You have a better solution? It seems like you can find people who call any anti-cheat solution a "joke" since none of them are perfect, which just shows a lack of understanding as to the difficulties with anti-cheat. In my experience, VAC seems to do a reasonable job, particularly since it is tied to Steam accounts and thus evading a ban requires buying a new copy.

You have a better solution? It seems like you can find people who call any anti-cheat solution a "joke" since none of them are perfect, which just shows a lack of understanding as to the difficulties with anti-cheat. In my experience, VAC seems to do a reasonable job, particularly since it is tied to Steam accounts and thus evading a ban requires buying a new copy.

You know how many people I have played with/against that had "Vac bans on account". What does that even do? Seems tons of people have that yet they all still play....

You know how many people I have played with/against that had "Vac bans on account". What does that even do? Seems tons of people have that yet they all still play....

Eh the games, at least Counter-Strikes are cheap enough that if a stand alone account gets banned after some time its no biggy. I don't cheat because my account has so many games on it, but I do know a few of my old clan members on CSS had seperate accounts with just CSS for when they wanted to aim bot.

BO1 was a giant dump that infuriated me, the single player was a mess that I didn't bother completing until a year after its release. I typically beat the single player within the first week I own these types of games. I didn't buy MW3 and I am skipping this one too. I am pretty much done with the CoD series and games that pretty much have DLC immediately around the corner at stupid prices. I miss games where I could just play custom maps when the regular ones got boring. CoD games have no story to keep me hooked, so I have no reason to return to it until the quality steps up.
MW3 had 4 DLC worth $60 in total. Screw that. The content didn't seem to fit the price.
This comes from someone who prestiged in two-three days with BO1 after it came out (I had free time :p). I enjoy these games, its my favorite genre, but even I tire of the BS.

Guess the first mod for this game will be a FOV changer, and maybe FPS limit removed - "Look mom my PC gets OVER 9000 FPS." :D

Personally I will do what I do for all games that are too meh for me to bother buying - just watch the whole storyline on a YouTube lets play. At least that way I know the story if I get around to playing a sequel.

the CoD games never go on sale...even 1 year later they still are priced at $59.99...Black Ops 2 sounds intriguing but with AC3 and Hitman coming out the following week I'm inclined to pass on this

i like to call it "lazy".
I like to call it, "some people can actually enjoy different iterations of shooters without bias, yet closed minded individuals can't get over this fact." It's almost the same with people and their tendencies to judge music and people's taste in music. It really is ok to like say...Pink Floyd, System of a Down, Justin Bieber, and Michael Jackson at the end of the day ya know.

Guess the first mod for this game will be a FOV changer, and maybe FPS limit removed - "Look mom my PC gets OVER 9000 FPS." :D

Personally I will do what I do for all games that are too meh for me to bother buying - just watch the whole storyline on a YouTube lets play. At least that way I know the story if I get around to playing a sequel.

Let's plays have saved so much time over the years. I do the same thing

Back