Is any sense to wait for 10900K on stock if i can buy 10700K?

mgty23

Gawd
Joined
Mar 16, 2017
Messages
783
Hello. Like topic title. IS any sense to pay much for for 10900K and waiting 2 weeks when will be on stock 10900K? Currently i have for lower prize in stock 10700K. Thx. Also 10900K is not on stock anywhere.
I am will be playin on 1440P resolution with Rtx 3090.
 

modi123

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,953
Paired with that gpu I think you would be fine with the 10700k.
 

mgty23

Gawd
Joined
Mar 16, 2017
Messages
783
I have a question. There is on stock 10900KF . Should i go for it? Its the same like 10900K?and its better than 10700K?
 

modi123

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,953
Check the comparison sites, but seems negligible to me.
 

vegeta535

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jul 19, 2013
Messages
5,093
You can get the 10850k. It is the same with 100 less on clock speed which you more then likely can just oc it. It is cheaper also. The smart move is wait for AMD 5xxx and get that instead tbh.
 

zandor

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 14, 2002
Messages
3,338
10900K won't get you much over the 10700k or 9900k in current games. It's got 2 extra cores, that's about it. 10 instead of 8. Sweet spot right now might actually be an i5-10600k for most games, but I'd be inclined to bump it up a notch or two if you don't upgrade all the time or have the cash and just want something shiny. If you have some other reason for wanting more CPU there's a good chance that's an even better reason... especially if it helps you make $. The new consoles have 8 core procs with hyperthreading clocked at 3.5 or so, which gives you a hint about what multiplatform games/console ports will be able to use in the future.

If you happen to have a socket 1151 board it will work on (300 series IIRC) and a Microcenter around they're unloading the i9-9900k at $320. I wouldn't bite unless you already have the board though. Doesn't seem worth it to save $30 over a 10700k if you have to buy a deprecated board, but they're nearly the same and it seems like it would be worth it if it saves you the cost of a board unless of course you just want the fastest gaming proc you can get right now, in which case...

If you want the 10 core Newegg and my local Microcenter (Chicago) both have the 10900K in stock right now for $550, but go ahead and get the KF if it's cheaper. No integrated video, but it's the same other than that. I have a hunch the KF is the same chip but has a manufacturing defect in the integrated GPU so they just disabled the graphics. The thing that baffles me about KF chips is I often see them priced slightly higher than the K version.

All that said, if you have the patience wait for the Ryzen 5xxx chips & 3rd party reviews coming out next week unless you'd rather upgrade the proc on an existing 1151 board and have Microcenter with stock around. Big Microcenter price drops often mean it's on clearance and will be going out of stock permanently. Prices on Intel procs aren't likely to go up even if they only offer a minor improvement over the Ryzen 3xxx, but there may well be price drops if they do well and you might decide you'd rather have an AMD proc. I'm sure there will be some improvement, but you can't trust manufacturer performance tests.
 

Chelica

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 8, 2003
Messages
2,617
With Zen 3 coming out next week, wait it out a bit, wait for reviews. If there's no significant kick to Intel's butt, things stay the same. On the flip side, if Zen 3 is as good as advertised, Intel will likely start fighting aggressively through bundles and lowered pricing in preparation of their 11th gen CPU.
 
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
2,660
Personally it makes more sense to buy the i9 10850k instead, it's pretty much the same as the 10900k only 1-2% slower and you won't even notice the difference anyway, and when overclocked, it would pretty much perform the same as a 10900k and it's cheaper too. I wouldn't bother paying extra for the i9 10900k.
 

vjhawk

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 2, 2016
Messages
323
Hello. Like topic title. IS any sense to pay much for for 10900K and waiting 2 weeks when will be on stock 10900K? Currently i have for lower prize in stock 10700K. Thx. Also 10900K is not on stock anywhere.
I am will be playin on 1440P resolution with Rtx 3090.
don't wait for 10900k. Just get the 10850k. It's pretty much identical to 10900k in game benchmarks and sells for onlyu $450 on major etailers like Amazon and newegg.
 

Comixbooks

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
15,851
I really like the i9 10850k benchmarks are the same basically for games. I'm waiting on Rocket Lake MBs they are maybe a month away.
 
Top