Is a virtual machine what I'm looking for? (vista x64 question)

Obiwanshinobi900

Limp Gawd
I'm having trouble installing diablo 2. I have vista ultimate x64 edition. I was wondering if it would be possible to run it in an XP virtual machine? Is this possible? If so how do I do it?

I also have Vista 64bit and Diablo 2 is running without problem in my XP SP2 virtual machine.

ive never gotten games to work well in virutal machines, video drivers never seem to be up to snuff.
YMMV.

ive never gotten games to work well in virutal machines, video drivers never seem to be up to snuff.
YMMV.
Yeah same here. During my hay days of WoW, I tried running WoW in an VM and it didn't like it at all.

VM's really arent supposed to be used for gaming, hence why they cant take full use of physical graphics cards and are presented with 'virtual' graphics cards.

3d games aren't going to work well, but diablo 2 might. Worth a shot at least.

Virtual Machines can't make use of 3d graphics cards typically - but a game like Diablo 2 that doesn't require much in the way of the 3d and can run with a 2d card SHOULD run fine.

I'm thinking of trying out some older games in a VM as well. I had toruble with the older Age of Empires and the Star Wars clone of it in Vista....although I haven't tried them in Vista recently either.

Back