Is a P1130 a good monitor?

Vyr

n00b
I am considering buying a P1130 for $35 but I want to know if this is a high-end CRT. It's 21", uses an FD Trinitron aperture grille tube, it's native resolution is 1920 x 1440 @ 85 Hz although it can go up to 2048 x 1536 pixels @ 75Hz and has a pixel pitch of 0.25 mm. Have I found a good CRT monitor?

for $35 hell yes.

It's a rebranded Sony CPD-G520.

Also see the WinDAS white point balance guide if you want to make the most out of it (the guide works for all modern trinitron tubes), although you will need a colorimeter and a usb-ttl cable (read the guide for more info)

pixel pitch is actually 0.24mm
the best resolution for it is 1600x1200. you can drive it higher but theres no point imo

Sorry to bump this thread, but does anyone know where I can find a 64-bit driver for this monitor? I can't seem to find one on the official site, I need it to go past 1800x1440 resolution.

Also, this monitor apparently only has 85Hz but I can bring it up to 1600x1200 @ 100Hz. Will this make the monitor die faster or wasn't this ever recommended?

1600x1200@100Hz had been the setting I had bought this monitor to be used with for at least (only the good 21" Trinitron/Diamontron monitors were capable of this, the rest were 85Hz at this res). Granted it usually becomes a bit blurrier as opposed to 85Hz at such resolution but the motion smoothness is worth it.

Ah ok, is there a program that will calibrate my geometry and colour properly? I've been messing with it for days trying to get it right, I was told to set my temperature to 6500k and that was too orange.

Sorry to bump this thread, but does anyone know where I can find a 64-bit driver for this monitor? I can't seem to find one on the official site, I need it to go past 1800x1440 resolution.
you shouldn't need any drivers. just use nvidia's custom res or the custom res utility (google it)
Also, this monitor apparently only has 85Hz but I can bring it up to 1600x1200 @ 100Hz. Will this make the monitor die faster or wasn't this ever recommended?

there was some discussion a while ago in the fw900 megathread. basically all we know for sure is that the recommended resolutions are safest. no one knows how much more or less life you would get from the monitor by using custom resolutions, but most people think that the higher the frequencies, the greater the wear.

personally on my g520p, i am happy to use 85hz on desktop, but for games i run at 1024x768@150hz.

Ah ok, is there a program that will calibrate my geometry and colour properly? I've been messing with it for days trying to get it right, I was told to set my temperature to 6500k and that was too orange.

ya windas: http://www.piclist.com/images/com/geocities/www/gregua/windas/install.htm
just use the preinstalled zip.

you'll need a usb-ttl cable to connect to the monitor.

for color, see spacediver's white point balance thread.
for geometry, there are so many knobs in the windas procedure that you'll likely end up making it worse than it originally was :p. just use the osd adjustments to make things look approximately right.

and remember to always save a .dat file before making any adjustments.

see my earlier post to you:

It's a rebranded Sony CPD-G520.

Also see the WinDAS white point balance guide if you want to make the most out of it (the guide works for all modern trinitron tubes), although you will need a colorimeter and a usb-ttl cable (read the guide for more info)

Back