Is 37" too big for regular monitor?

xplosivex

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone use a 37" as a daily screen? I want a bigger monitor than my 24" and I'm thinking about either the LC37D64U or LC32D64U Aquos line.

I use the 1080p 37" Westinghouse. IMO, I think its just fine for a computer monitor, but I suggest that if you are going to use one that you need to have a fairly deep desk so you can set it back at least a foot or more. At first, the monitor is a little overwhelming, and I was having some neck strain because I couldnt get the proper seating position to go with the monitor. However, once you get that situated its like everything else, and you'll become used to it and want bigger. I keep wondering how well our 50" plasma would do as a monitor...;)

No, it's not too big if you have a deep enough desk.

Please do a search for the pros vs. cons of the different brands...

I'm tired of warning about "multi-pixel" tech for one thing... :)

I use the 37" westinghouse LVM-37w3se 1080p with an IKEA Jerker desk and this setup is perfect as a computer monitor + Xbox 360 + HD DVD + Blu-Ray + ATSC HDTV (thru my Vista Media Center PC)... all-around awesome display.

It really all depends on how far you sit away from it. I can't use my 42" because it is so close, but when I had a Westy 37" I sat far away and it was great.

I use a Sceptre 37" 1080p and my best friend uses a Scepter 42" 1080p. If I had to do it again I would definately go with the 42.

37"? too big? YES!:) it's huge. i once tried hook up a 27" god it's so big.:p;):D:)

I use a LVM-37w1. I sit 2-3' from it. I love it. Been using it since 2006.

I'm sitting in front of my 42" 1080P westinghouse LCD TV right now and it has been like that for 1.5 years. I sit about 3-4 feet away using a wireless mouse/keyboard. No problem whatsoever. I even do some casual photoshop work with this setup.

I tried using my 47inch 1080p as a PC display. Just too bad...i got headaches. Im on a 28inch and 24inch now and much much better.

I think the size of each pixel on 37"+ monitors is too big since the resolution is only 1920x1080, which is even smaller than the resolution of a typical 24" monitor. You can easily see the pixels, which IMO, is not a great thing. It all depends on your preferences, really. For me, the sweet spot seems to be somewhere around 25-27".

lol SH1 i was about to warn him about mulit pixel too. But its not too big, after using 37 ull prob. want a bigger screen. i just bought 37 lz800 myself and thinking it might be big, but now im loving it. As for the person who have the jerker desk, what is it? i am mounting my TV on the wall and i need a desk.

Back