Is $249 for the Lian-Li V1000Z a good deal?

FusionXP

Limp Gawd
I had this case in my NCIX.com shopping cart for a week. Normally it sells for $314.99CAD. I received a coupon code for the Canadian Thanksgiving. Finally I decided to go with the purchase. You think it's a good deal?

I think its fair. My Lian Li V1100+ was $250 when I got it from Newegg (and its a very similiar layout save for the upside down mobo and case door)...and now its equivalent is $90 cheaper.

You may want to browse what Newegg has thats similiar.

With the shittiness of the CAD, $250 becomes almost $210 USD. If you paid in CAD then guess you paid under even US retail. At least CAD is cheap now, more trips up north and some possible currency investing :D

I received the case last week and must say it is unbelievable. Feels brittle but in fact is very sturdy. Unlike those that weren't satisfied on newegg, I received all the hardware. Also you don't need to have the PSU sticking out the back. It does come with a standard PSU bracket. You will need a short PSU though. I have the Corsair HX520W and is perfect for this case. I might get the HX620W soon.

Pros:

- Light yet very sturdy
- Amazing craftsmanship
- SATA bays
- Stock fans are very quiet
- Good ventilation
- Very clever side panel locking mechanism
- Windowed panel
- Lots of room

Cons:

- There is space behind mobo and 5.25 bays for wires but Lian-Li should of made some more cut-outs for the cables to pass through similar to what Antec P182 has.
- Lian-Li should tape/zip tie the cables/wires for the media ports etc. They are loose and made some scratches on the inside acrylic window during shipping.
- The new batches don't have the vented PCI brackets anymore. Don't know why they changed this.
- Cables for the media I/O ports are way too long. (I won't be using these anyways)

Here are some images of the case...

lianli1wb6.jpg

lianli2pq7.jpg

lianli3dq3.jpg

Back