Is 2008 shaping up to be a dry year for PC gaming?

2007, as hyped as it was, was a major major let down for me. It all comes down to personal opinion obviously, but my faith in the future of PC gaming is as low as it's ever been. That's actually probably a good sign for 2008. The less hyped games always end up being the best IMO.

I haven't started half the games I got in 07. That was a great year. I don't mind if they wait till the end of the year again to release all the great titles. Or release them now so that I can get them at a discount later. :D

I hope my little 8800GT can make it through 08.

STALKER Clear Skies
Left 4 Dead
Fallout 3
Borderlands
Spore
Duke Nukem Forever (I can dream)
Aliens RPG (if it comes out this year)

That should keep me more than happy on the PC side. I have a few Nintendo games and 360 titles that are going to be must haves this year too.

Somehow I don't think Starcraft 2 is going to make it out this year. Given Blizzard's track record and all. Some time 2009 is more likely IMO.

2007 sucked for PC gaming as a whole. Sure there was orange box and a couple of exceptions, but IMO was a dry year. I'm hoping that 2008 will be the year of the sleeper hit. I dont know, it seems like PC gaming is getting dry in general. Which sucks , because I dont want to be forced to game on a 360 or PS3. Screw it if 2008 sucks, I'll just go back and revisit the classics/play one's that I might have missed.

In 2008 I will buy all the games cheaply in the bargain bins that you guys paid full price for. Bioshock, COD4, Crysis etc. Only games I paid full price for last year were Stalker and The Witcher.

I think 2008 may end up being a year of quality over quantity. I hope Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2 really blow us away. I'd love to see the next chapter of the Dreamfall saga, too.

You know, if DNF actually does come out this year, I don't think any other game will ever be mentioned with reference to the year 2008.

Back