Iron Maiden's New Music Video Takes Inspiration From Video Games

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
The video for Iron Maiden's new single (their first in five years) virtualizes the band's mascot and has him battling his way through a bunch of scenes inspired by titles such as Mortal Kombat and Donkey Kong. Fans can get the single on September 4.

I dig the song, but the mix on the guitars is horrible. I hope they fix it for the final release.

Nice video. I like how they cover many genres, so it doesn't get boring to watch!

giphy.gif

Hehehe, this is the second time Iron Maiden works with video games. First time was with Ed Hunter in 1999.

I could see them continuing their IP long after they are retired. These guys are still great considering the length of their careers. Just making it out of the 80s alive was an achievement considering the Heavy Metal lifestyle back then!

Good to see Bruce recovered after that throat cancer surgery!

sshhhhhh you are giving away your age old man

Had Peice of Mind on 8-track.

In highschool we would go out to the parking lot and jam out. If you had Kraco audio booster you had a bad ass sound system. Man, those were the days. :cool:

Well we are talking about a band that has been around for decades, what do you expect?

I expect them to try something new and innovative and not play the same shit they always played. Reminds me of guys that still have the same haircut at 50 that they rocked at 18.

I expect them to try something new and innovative and not play the same shit they always played. Reminds me of guys that still have the same haircut at 50 that they rocked at 18.

You're judging them based on one song and no apparent familiarity with their catalog of music so far. They do try new things and are still putting out some of the best metal albums in the industry.

Every album they seem to make one song (maybe two) that is a straightforward rocker and release it as a "single." Judging their entire evolution as a band based on a single one of these songs is foolish.

Reminds me of guys that still have the same haircut at 50 that they rocked at 18.

LOL!!!

I would LOVE to have the same haircut I had at 18. I had hair like a rockstar.
Wow, would love to hear someone yell "get a damn haircut you hippie!!"

I had to dig this up because the rest of the album just dropped, and it's one of the best albums I've heard in years. It's groundbreaking. There's an 18 minute song about the R101 disaster that.. sounds like has violins and piano in it?

Do not judge Maiden based on the shortest, most straightforward track on a 92-minute album.

Back