Iron Harvest 1920

Any update on this game?

still in alpha but if you backed or pre-ordered you can join their discord and help alpha test the game. it's looking good though so hope it all works out for them.

Interesting, looks like generals, which is good, guess it all comes down to gameplay and balance. Hope it doesn't become an epic exclusive too.

looks like generals, which is good

That would be great! EA needs to give us a remake or a real Generals 2!

Hope it doesn't become an epic exclusive too.

I don't see the issue with exclusives but ok. PCs are not bound like consoles to one platform. Launcher, maybe but a capable PC is pretty much a capable PC.

I don't see the issue with exclusives but ok. PCs are not bound like consoles to one platform. Launcher, maybe but a capable PC is pretty much a capable PC.
It's not about the launcher it's about barring any other outlets from selling the game. Creating a price monopoly. If there is no competition they can set the price anywhere they want. Steam wasn't a monopoly because games were still sold at 3rd party stores.

I love Steam too but if that is the case then the market will sort itself out, no? Developers have the right to do what is best for their company. As a consumer I have the right to do what is best for me. There are a great deal of things I think are too expensive, I don't buy them. These, games, are not a life or death resource so they should not be required to be regulated as such.

But, that argument is for another thread/topic.

Hope it doesn't become an epic exclusive too.
They just confirmed that it won't be. Guaranteed that Epic tried stealing this one, but publishers seem to be finally waking up to that being a very bad idea.

Coming Sep. 1, 2020 to GOG and Steam (not EGS), just as god intended. It may just revive the whole RTS genre.

Last edited:

Looking for a release date it hits Sept 1st then I seen the 2020 date.

Last edited:
This is one of the few games I'm psyched about..

Yeah, I was a big Company of Heroes 1/2 fan and this game looks like its going to provide a style of gameplay I've been missing. The big mechs also look damn cool.

Hopefully they'll have a beta before launch.

Last edited:

Love it. "Epic" is slowly becoming as reviled a word as "LootBox"

upload_2019-8-29_22-55-58.png

damn had forgot about this game but holy... that trailer, time to try the open beta.

Reading the gripes of people on Steam has me second guessing this game.

The unit AI did not impress me in the 20mins I played a skirmish match yesterday. Cover seemed pointless and my troops long range rifles sucked compared to short range and then they were all engaging in melee. Early game definately seem to be a mad dash to grab as many points as possible, CoH style.

Ow shit, I downloaded the beta yesterday and totally forgot about it. And now it's too late to play today as well.

Looks a hell of a lot like the theme in the board game Scythe.

EDIT: apparently because it is - same universe, same artist.

Last edited:
Just played a skirmish game - definitely fun and reminds me a lot of CoH1.
However, Unity is a shitty and generic engine and it just shows - something just feels floaty and off.
I'm also not impressed with the visuals at all, playing w/ Motion Blur turned off at 4K and it still looks hazy/blurry.
CoH1 by comparison is extremely crisp and clear, I suspect it's also due to Unity.

Oh there's also no way to disable Unity's shit telemetry and other data collection (unless it's only enabled for the Beta which is fine).

This 1v1 skirmish makes me want to jump in and play. Loved Company of Heroes 1 and 2.

Back