irda of a laptop

Lunas

[H]F Junkie
I want to know if any one knows of a program that utilizes a built in irda of a laptop

thats like asking for a program that uses bluetooth. It is a communications port and nothing more. Most I could say would be a printing program, or a mobile phone/pda software.

Assuming you want to modulate the irda port to do whatever you want, lirc is a good place to start.

i found a few things online that will turn the irda port of palmtops or psp or other handheld ir equiped devices into univeral remotes i was trying to find some thing like that only for a laptop...

control of the irda is deeply embeded into windows and your going to have lots of problems setting it up for simple IO operation unless your good at diving into windows API's etc....

you would probobly be better off running an IC off of the parralel or serial port and having it drive the IR LED.

I used one of those PDA remote control programs and it worked great but I haven't seen anything like that for laptops. Since the PDA had a 6-8 foot range I sorta doubt that a laptop Irda port would be less powerful so range shouldn't be an issue. Good luck finding it.

Back