iRacing: Building the 2014 BMW Z4 GT3

Lith1um

2[H]4U
One thing that I do appreciate about iRacing, although it's a work in progress, is the way they apply engineering when replicating vehicle dynamics, as opposed to just juggling the numbers until a car feels right. Their most recent tire model is fantastic, and I can't wait to see how this thing drives. It will be competing against the McLaren MP4-12C, and the RUF RT 12 R.

I prefer to drive the Macca, but I have to give the BMW a shot just as I did the Porche, err, RUF.

iRacingTV takes you behind the scenes as we build and prepare the BMW Z4 GT3 racecar for the iRacing service. The entire car building process is covered from data and sound gathering to the precise detailed work completed by our world class engineers. All of our combined efforts result in one of our best racecars to date. The BMW Z4 GT3 will launch into the iRacing service during our late April software upgrade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFYzcMB5PwY

I really enjoyed that video. After struggling with trying to not buy into iRacing over the past two years, I've finally succumbed. It's simply the best and most reliably accurate sim out there right now. Assetto Corsa has some real potential, but it's incompleteness leaves you wanting. Perhaps after full release we'll see some great strides with it.

For now I've purchased the RUF and accompanying tracks. I'm really enjoying it. My plan is to get all GT3 cars, as I love them. Not sure which one I'll stick with, but the GT3 series is gonna be where I stay I think. I really love BMWs and the Z4 GT3 is fantastic fun in Assetto Corsa, so that may be my car. The McLaren is very tempting though. And I already love the Por-RUF. I'm excited for Season 2!

Back