IPS Monitor with Stuck Subpixels... Or Something Else?

therealjustin

Limp Gawd
I recently bought a Dell S2721DGF from Best Buy and along with some atrocious backlight bleed, there were what looked like 7 or so stuck green subpixels when viewing darker content.

After zooming in with my camera it seems like the tiny dots are about 1/3 the size of the subpixels themselves. Almost like the subpixels are not fully blocking the backlight, although in the second photo it looks like debris? I don't know...

Has anyone else noticed these little dots on their IPS panels? They can be tricky to spot because they disappear depending on the viewing angle. This is my first high refresh IPS, so perhaps this is actually quite common?

b6qxrQ5.jpg
Ngwn3VR.jpg

Definitely a stuck/dead pixel. Parents had three or so on their 32" that drove me crazy when watching films. You could try to "unstuck" them, but you're better off returning for replacement if you can.

I thought they were normal stuck subpixels too at first, but they're so small. o_O

I guess I'll just return it to Best Buy, but it is a shame since it was on a decent sale.

You could try a gentle massage of the pixel to see if it unsticks... but the macro shot makes me think its actually some dust/defect vs being an actually stuck pixel.

Reactions: AP514
like this
Back