IPS monitor 30" / 32 " / non 4K

greyx

Limp Gawd
Are there any 32 inch monitors with IPS panel ?
I am between Dell U3014 and BenQ BL3200PT, but the BenQ has VA panel, and i want IPS for better colors.
Do you think Dell U3014 is a good monitor for gaming ?
I'd go for 32 inches 16: 9 panel IPS, instead 16:10 30 inches, but i couldn't fine anything.
Any ideas, advices ?
I don't want 4K.
Thanks in advance
LE : I'm not going to watch movies on my monitor
The monitor i have now is BenQ GW2760HS, color gamut 72 %
BenQ BL3200PT, color gamut 100 %
Is there a " huge " difference between those 2 BenQ ?

Last edited:
Sounds like you care how picture will look in games more then unmentioned in OP professional graphics work. Hence standart gamut & deeper blacks of VA imho will look better in games then on some IPS wide gamut monitors with srgb emulation.

Yes, i care how picture will look in games / web sites / etc
I have now, like i said, BenQ GW2760HS
Black looks great, but the colors aren't that great like the IPS monitors.
One question, please : do you think, there is major difference ( better colors, i mean ) between BenQ GW2760HS with 72 % color gamut / VA panel, and BenQ BL3200PT, 100 % color gamut / VA panel ?
Thank you

Last edited:
I didn't had mentioned GW2760HS so how can i compare? I can only say that i like picture of current benq bl3200pt more then old dell 27" ips ultrasharp 2709W i had before this. I certainly wouldn't blindly tie "better colors" to wide gamut and to IPS. Slightly larger view angles (VA is still better on this then TN though) without colorshift but with accompanying ips glow imho isn't exactly "better picture". My guess is that you should read a bit first on what wide gamut is, for what it's needed, and in which cases it does more bad then good. Then you should compare to what you intend to use monitor for.

The 3014 suffers from really obvious overshoot ghosting and IPS glow (applies to all 30" IPS) which makes it one of the worst monitors one can buy for multi-media use. Wide gamut monitors are a waste of money when not used for colour accuracy related work, especially since they suffer from more pronounced glow and fact that most suffer from the same obvious overshoot ghosting.

The GW2760HS can cover around 89% of the sRGB colour space (source) while the BL3200PT can cover 97% (source), so it will look more vibrant+accurate once the gamma is changed from mode 4 to mode 2. The BL3200PT has slightly less ghosting, but higher input lag (20ms range), check out TFT Centrals Review.

16:9 32" 4K AHVA/IPS/PLS panels exist, but none have been reviewed.

Last edited:
Thank you, NCX
I just want a bigger monitor. But unfortunately there is no 32 " IPS / 1440p
As i said, i don't need 4K. I'm not going to upgrade my graphic card every 6 months.
I'd really like IPS panel, instead VA panel, because of the colors
So, do you think that BL3200PT has better colors than GW2760HS ?

Do you need a professional calibration to work in professional imaging or it is just a personal desire to have realistic colors? In the latter case the BL3200PT is totally satisfying.

Back