IPS gaming monitor in sub $300.00 price range?

scoobert

Limp Gawd
My old LG died that I have loved for years. So I bought a Asus VG248QE and while very smooth (@120hz) I find the colors horrible. I have adjusted, changed color profiles and it just never gets right. I even borrowed a friends color matching software (for photography) and while better its still not what I wold consider good. For a brand new gaming monitor.
So now I restart my search for a good 24" gaming IPS to replace this thing with. I would like something fast with a high refresh rate, low lag and a decent response time for gaming.

Recommendations for around $300 for a 24" monitor?

Thanks guys

p3sty

2[H]4U
I bought the ultrawide LG 25um55 ips for 259 at Bestbuy 3 weeks ago and im happy with it so far.

deasnutz

Limp Gawd
My old LG died that I have loved for years. So I bought a Asus VG248QE and while very smooth (@120hz) I find the colors horrible. I have adjusted, changed color profiles and it just never gets right. I even borrowed a friends color matching software (for photography) and while better its still not what I wold consider good. For a brand new gaming monitor.
So now I restart my search for a good 24" gaming IPS to replace this thing with. I would like something fast with a high refresh rate, low lag and a decent response time for gaming.

Recommendations for around $300 for a 24" monitor?

Thanks guys

120hz ips will be more than 300, I'm sure. Also, they aren't shipping yet (overclocking..blah blah).

MistaSparkul

[H]ard|Gawd
24 inch high refresh IPS for $300 doesn't exist. At that price point the best you can do is get one of those 27 inch korean monitors and overclock it.

NCX

Supreme [H]ardness
Thank you guys. Didnt know they were that much more.
maybe 400? :)

The high/>75hz AHVA/IPS/PLS panels use 27" 1440p panels and must be overclocked or won't be out for at least a month (true 120hz+ panels), and will cost at least 600$ US (Asus MG279Q & Acer XB270HU). Most of the 24/27" 1080p IPS/PLS panels can overclock to 75hz, check out my thread with review links and recommendations (or save yourself some time and buy a nice glossy HP 23 Envy/Dell S2415H and overclock it to 75hz).

Last edited: