IPS gaming monitor in sub $300.00 price range?

scoobert

Limp Gawd
My old LG died that I have loved for years. So I bought a Asus VG248QE and while very smooth (@120hz) I find the colors horrible. I have adjusted, changed color profiles and it just never gets right. I even borrowed a friends color matching software (for photography) and while better its still not what I wold consider good. For a brand new gaming monitor.
So now I restart my search for a good 24" gaming IPS to replace this thing with. I would like something fast with a high refresh rate, low lag and a decent response time for gaming.

Recommendations for around $300 for a 24" monitor?

Thanks guys

I bought the ultrawide LG 25um55 ips for 259 at Bestbuy 3 weeks ago and im happy with it so far.

My old LG died that I have loved for years. So I bought a Asus VG248QE and while very smooth (@120hz) I find the colors horrible. I have adjusted, changed color profiles and it just never gets right. I even borrowed a friends color matching software (for photography) and while better its still not what I wold consider good. For a brand new gaming monitor.
So now I restart my search for a good 24" gaming IPS to replace this thing with. I would like something fast with a high refresh rate, low lag and a decent response time for gaming.

Recommendations for around $300 for a 24" monitor?

Thanks guys

120hz ips will be more than 300, I'm sure. Also, they aren't shipping yet (overclocking..blah blah).

24 inch high refresh IPS for $300 doesn't exist. At that price point the best you can do is get one of those 27 inch korean monitors and overclock it.

Thank you guys. Didnt know they were that much more.
maybe 400? :)

The high/>75hz AHVA/IPS/PLS panels use 27" 1440p panels and must be overclocked or won't be out for at least a month (true 120hz+ panels), and will cost at least 600$ US (Asus MG279Q & Acer XB270HU). Most of the 24/27" 1080p IPS/PLS panels can overclock to 75hz, check out my thread with review links and recommendations (or save yourself some time and buy a nice glossy HP 23 Envy/Dell S2415H and overclock it to 75hz).

Last edited:
Back