iPod touch - wait till the iPhone 2.0 update?

Maximos

2[H]4U
Hey guys.

In order to complement my sub-notebook/UMPC, I was thinking of getting an iPod touch. The thing is, I was wondering if holding off until the 2.0 update would be a better idea. Will the iPod touches released after the software update include the update, or are they charging $10 for all iPod touch owners, current and future?

I am guessing the update will be jailbroken in time...kind of makes waiting pointless, eh? ;)

What do you guys think?

I know with the last major update, added contacts, mail, etc., they had iPod touches the same (or next) day with the updated firmware. So if you buy before hand you will probably have to purchase (9.99) the update, so it might just be best to wait.

Yeah, with the last update, they released new Touches with the updated firmware. I'm waiting on buying my Macbook+iPod Touch+printer until then too.

I bought my iPod Touch in October last year and paid the $19.99 for the software update. I'll probably end up paying for the next update, unless I decide to sell my iPod touch and buy an iPhone3G.

$9.99 isn't that much money, so if you want one now, just buy one now.

I am waiting to see how much I can get for this 'super limited' MGS4 Gun Metal Gray PS3 on eBay. Hopefully, it will be enough to finance the iPod...but of course, I have to wait till the Konami store runs out of stock first. So much for 'highly limited' -.-

I know with the last major update, added contacts, mail, etc., they had iPod touches the same (or next) day with the updated firmware. So if you buy before hand you will probably have to purchase (9.99) the update, so it might just be best to wait.

Yes, and in the case that it wasn't preloaded with the new firmware, they gave an instant rebate in the store to offset the price of updating it when you get home.

I think that if you are planning to use it in the time between now and July 11, just fork over the extra $10 and laugh at the people who would be stuck waiting

Back