Ipod touch to iphone using voip.

MTXR

[H]ard|Gawd
So after seeing the news on the front page, i noticed that you had to have some type of speaker to really notice incoming calls or you would have to look at your screen directly.

Now without much more research since i am scrapped for time and have a paper due, you could get an ipod touch for cheaper than an i phone i guess, but lets say you have an iphone and really hate paying for cellular service.

Do you think, a developer could create an app for the iphone to use the VOIP service and wifi? I am pretty much always around a wifi connection. Now i don't know if VOIP is free or not but if it is, this could save a lot of people some money. The iphone could then be set to vibrate or ring...

Yes you would get some disconnected service if you weren't around a wifi connection, but then thats a trade off.

EDIT:

NEVERMIND, a quick search shows a few companies developing this already. My bad...

I was looking for VOIP apps for my brother's Nokia N95 last night, and saw on the Fring website that they have a beta VOIP product for the iPhone.

I have no idea if it's any good or not, but you might want to check it out:
http://www.fring.com

I have both a N95 and a iPhone. When Fring became available for the N95 about half a year ago, I tried but the interface looked horrible on the phone and performance is somewhat sluggish, right there and then I decided to uninstall it from my phone.

Fring does has a beta software for the iPhone but the iPhone need to be jailbroken first. I haven't try this out yet but I'm sure it will be a sweet addition to the voip solution for the iPhone users out there.

I cannot get VOIP to work right on Fring with my iPhone, luckily it's not really necessary, although it would be a great boon to have if I end up using it as my work phone. But so far...it sucks.

Back