iPod Touch Built Into Car Dash

Landmine

Limp Gawd
A friend of mine has an iPod Touch built into his dash on his car. He is currently using a lightning cable to charge it and a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable to plug into his stereo.

If you plug the lightning cable in first, then the 3.5 mm cable everything works as planned. But if you restart the device or plug the 3.5mm cable in and then the lightning cable the iPod will not send the audio via the 3.5mm cable.

Is there a way to disable audio out on the lightning cable?

Is there a way to break the lightning cable out to usb and 3.5mm so only 1 cable is plugging into the iPod?

I've been searching for hours, and I'm starting to think I'm not asking the question right or there is no product to do what I'm looking for.

Thank you Apple People.

If his head unit support iPod/iPad/iPhone, then yes just use the USB, otherwise I dont know, hopefully someone can help ya

It sounds like your friend's car supports iOS integration of some sort since it is identifying the lightning connection as an audio source. Try using a car adapter instead so the iPod would only see it as a power source and not an attached device.

Back