iPod Quality?

AceHigh

Limp Gawd
Exaclty how good is the iPod quality...i have heard some different things about it. Any input is appreciated. TY

also...how do u guys like ur iPods if u have one? I am thinking of buying one. Ty for any input.

I <3 mine!

Had a 4g 40gb for about a week and I can't stop using it! Highly reccomended

the build quality on my 4g 20gb is near superb, my only gripe is that the back scratches way too easy

overall build quality on mine is excellent.

my few gripes are buggy drivers (doesn't like high-uptime on the PC end with many connects/disconnects of the ipod), and very poor battery life.

Would I do it again? Probably not. I've used my friends Creative Zen and I was much more impressed by it. But I can definitely see how people like the ipod.

I use my ipod daily, very sturdy and well crafted. Its is highly unlikely anything will physically break on it. Recommended

sound quality is fine for my ears & mp3s, but get better headphones. The standard iPod buds kinda suck.

I have a 3g 15gb, and its been dropped quite a few times and it's still going strong.

Interface is great, battery life for me is not much of an issue, only had it go dead twice, and that's cuz I didn't charge it.

What would happen to the iPod battery if, for instance, you just left it in its cradle whenever you don't need to bring it with you? Some batteries don't like being charged constantly. Does it simply turn off the charging of the battery when it's both fully charged and connected, or does it hurt the duration?

it doesn't hurt the battery life to keep pluged in because it will shut off the charging when full...but like any other rechargable battery I would recomend doing a full discharge and recharge about once per month

Okay then, my #1 worry about the iPod is gone. ;)

I tend to forget about batteries on charge... I've damaged quite a few rechargables that way...

gigglebyte said:
it doesn't hurt the battery life to keep pluged in because it will shut off the charging when full...but like any other rechargable battery I would recomend doing a full discharge and recharge about once per month

i know you have hookups with apple but you should check into that.
this is one type of battery that im almost 99% sure youre not supposed to let drain completely. that is what causes the battery life to fade with them.
i know people are going to call BS on this, but dont say i didnt warn you. look for it yourself.

Yeah it's true that iPod's battery, more generally lithium ion batteries likes being recharged on a partially full battery, but you should do a FULL discharge of the battery every 30 charges. The reasons why you should do this and other methods you can do to get the most out of your battery can be found at Battery University . Hope this helps!

well i just bought an iPod on this forum...hopefully it will be here soon. Bring on the feedback.

I have a 3g 20GB iPod, which I freakin' love. Unfortunately, my bitchy sister loves it too, so I have to hide the damn thing :mad: It makes the commutes to and from the uni much, much easier :cool:

AceHigh said:
i got the 3rd Gen 10gb iPod. Wut all can u do with the iPod?

Uh...listen to music? :D Store calendars, notes, play games, and I think there are a couple other features.

I think the build is very good. (3g 15gb ipod) and the sound is also good (this really depends on the encoding and headphones used) The only thing to think about is the batt. and hard drive.

Battery:

The ipod uses a Lithium-ion battery. Right now this is a very common battery to use in portable devices such as the ipod. For the most part a Lithium-ion battery is about the best thing you can use, but will not last forever. Over time (about 3 to 5 years) the battery will fail. and it will need to be replaced.

Hard Drive:

As you may know. Hard Drives are mechanical devices. and over time they will fail. again you should get about 3+ years out of a hard drive. The bad thing about hard drives is they do not take shock very well. Although notebook drives (what the ipod uses) can take more then normal desktop drives. under normal use you should be fine, but I would not drop your ipod to much.

I think the ipod under normal use should run a good 3 to 5 years before some type of service will need to be done. I think it's built the best it can be with what technology is available, and still keep the cost affordable.

I hope this helps you and others that are thinking about this. I know I am very happy with my ipod, and understand what will happen later on down the road.

Back