iPod FM Transmitters?

Tower

Gawd
Is there an Apple FM Transmitter that can use power from the iPod?

I'm looking for an FM Transmitter that can be used in coordination with my iPod while the iPod is plugged in. Maybe a FM Transmitter that plugs into the FireWire port of the iPod, and has a FireWire Port on the transmitter that can be plugged in to charge the iPod and power the transmitter unit?

I'm looking for something to fit in my car, and be powered off my cigarette lighter, but I don't want to put batteries in the transmitter.

Any ideas?

The Griffin iTrip draws it's power from the iPod, via the headphone port. It fits on top, and doesn't block the adapter port on the bottom, (3rd gen anyways). It's availible for sale at Apple's online store, and many others, (Best Buy, ect...).

I think the iTrip is better from the other transmitters, in the fact that the iTrip station selector is programed via the iPod as a playlist, and has like 50 stations. I know Belkin's ones have like 4 channels to choose from, as do some others. Recption-wise, same as the rest; 15-20 feet. Sounds deceint enough. But being able to select which station to use just like selecting a song is way too cool.

FM transmittes suck. I got my iTrip in this week and hate it. The sound is very flat..not like a strong FM station at all. It's a lot better in the house but I seem to be in the vast majority having issues in a car.

I just finished (5 minutes ago) wiring up a kenwood FM modulator in my Xterra. $50 and sounds SO much better.

And yes..I tried the iTrip on every possible clear station and I'm not in a huge radio market. My friend with one warned me.....

the iTrip can also be spun abuot the unit such that the firewire port may still be accessed for charging on gen 1 and 2s. however. unless you have some dire need (or dont have a casset deck / front inputs) you should really look at wired solutions, as then you dont loose clarity

Thanks for the heads up.

I was considering a FM transmitter because it would mean only a single wire running to the dash to power the iPod and the transmitter. I have a tape deck adapter and I'll stick with that and the two wires considering it makes such a monster difference!

Back