iPod Classic Battery Replacement OEM vs Extended

UnknownSouljer

[H]F Junkie
Just curious to see if anyone has any experience with changing out their iPod's battery. I'm not worried about the actual procedure, pretty easy and straightforward.

My question is in regards to OEM vs third party 'extended batteries'. Any any experience with them? Are they terrible and just die? In other words is it better just to get an OEM replacement or to get a 850mAH third party battery?

I seem to ask odd unanswerable questions. At least questions that a Google search doesn't help with. I guess I'll go with an aftermarket battery, since at least they're cheap and I won't feel like I'm investing a lot in it. They can be had for $16 or less an official battery from Apple is nearly $50.

Target is doing $200 trade ins for the first gen ipad if you're looking to upgrade.

Target is doing $200 trade ins for the first gen ipad if you're looking to upgrade.

Doesn't quite help me... as I'm talking about an iPod Classic... and I'm not trying to trade it in or sell it, I'm trying to replace the battery.

We replaced the battery on an iPhone 4, Apple refuses to service those outside the country of purchase, they even refused to do the battery swap. So there was no option but to get a 3rd party one, it was a lot cheaper too. So far it's been fine.

I know it's not an iPod but may help you.

I've replaced the battery in my ipod video a couple times, I just bought some battery off amazon it and works great.

Might be something I need to consider going into winter. My 30GB iPod will not power on if the player is about 40* or colder. It will show the battery to be drained. Get the body up to about 60* and it suddenly it's completely charged again! :)

It still works great, just the battery only lasts about an hour. And the screen has tons of hair line cracks running through out it, like the plastic got brittle or something. It sits in my car, so it hasn't been dropped or anything.

Thanks for the notes. With so many generics out there, it's pretty hard to see if there is any sort of quality difference. And much less than that see any sort of comparison between all of them. I tried Googling battery replacements etc... heh, but yeah, that didn't work.

Back