iPhoto question

MavsX

[H]ard|Gawd
So my girlfriend has a mac book and uses iPhoto to manage her photos. I've never used iPhoto so i dont know what is going on. Basically, some of her photos she can see the thumbnails but when she trys to view the full size photo it enlarges the photo and then the photo disappears and a "question mark" icon appears instead. I'm assuming that means she has moved or deleted the photos and they are no longer there? is the thumbnail photo just like indexed or something?

how can i rebuild or refresh the iPhoto index file?

where are the raw jpegs saved on the mac? She doesn't know what i mean by that, but i'm hoping you will. If i wanted to copy some pics to a flash drive, where would i go to actually drag my files over to be copied?

thanks fellas

Not sure if found an answer to this since the link was obfuscated. To rebuild the library just hold down Option+Command while you open iPhoto and it will ask you if you want to rebuild.

Also, you can go into your pictures folder and 'right click' on the folder and select "Show Package Contents" to see your picture. Depending on version of iPhoto you'll have a folder called Originals or Masters that contain the originals. I've found that usually when an iPhoto library gets corrupted that I can usually get the originals back. I will say that iPhoto starts to suck when you have a massive photo library and I personally moved to Aperture after dealing with iPhoto problems.

Back