iPhone Xs, Xs Max, and Xr. Let's Discuss

Discussion in 'Apple Products' started by Archer1212, Sep 12, 2018.

1. exlink

exlink 2[H]4U

I'm on T-Mobile and my XS Max is only a tiny bit worse with cellular reception than my previous X with the Qualcomm modem. My WiFi is exactly the same though - no issue to report there.

2. AltTabbins

AltTabbins Muh Feelz Got [H]urt Right in the Pussy

Also reset your network settings. That might help.

3. NIZMOZ

NIZMOZ [H]ard|Gawd

If you haven't, update to 12.01 iOS and that will fix your wifi/data issues and charging issues. I love my XS Max Gold 256, best phone I have owned, even over my Note 9.

4. revenant

revenant [H]ardForum Junkie

I caved and bought the Nike branded watch series 4 (non LTE) and the Xs Max 256 space grey yesterday.. this was after I told myself i'd skip this round. heh. I got my phone last night but am waiting for a month for the watch. Coming from an 8 plus the screen is significantly taller and just better in every way. The edge to edge factor really does make a difference now that I've used it for a bit. It's very very snappy moving around in the UI, just a bit faster than the 8 plus. FaceID.. well, it works. I do miss the home button with touchID but I will get over that. I am already used to the gestures to navigate the UI. The task switching side swipe is actually great I already use it a ton. I haven't had a lot of time to test the camera but I know it's better - I will use it a lot this weekend I am sure.

5. AltTabbins

After a couple weeks with my XS Max, I’m very happy. I wanted a large oled panel iPhone and I finally got it. I’ve wanted one since the galaxy s4 days but I’m just happy it’s finally here.

A few things that don’t get much coverage but should -

The screen accuracy is amazing. Its the first screen I’ve liked more than the Samsung note and galaxy line ups. The X screen was good but I still would have preferred the note or s8/9 plus screen at the time because of the physical size.

The speakers are very good. I wish I had my HTC One M8 or an M7 to compare it too. The best speakers on a current flagship right now, not just for the amazing volume, but the quality of sound and the soundstage magic they did on them. The depth of sound is very good for a phone and the soundstage is bigger than what’s in your hand.

Tougher glass. JerryRigEverything is a long time Apple critic. He did a video to show that the “tougher” glass on the XS was a load of crap, and then couldn’t break the back glass... while the phone was naked. I’m not saying he couldn’t if he really tried but he did a full set of drop tests and it held up. He ends up eating his own words on the video and admits that he was impressed.

Cellular data speed. This is a huge YMMV. In my house I can swap between my X and my Max. With 2 bars of LTE, the Max is 2-3 times faster consistently. Some people report poor performance, I definitely can see a huge improvement. This is on Verizon’s network in a city in Washington State that I’m sure 99% of you have no clue even existed.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    revenant likes this.
  6. revenant

ips? The panel is OLED.? Nice review though.. better than my short one. Heh.

7. AltTabbins

Whoops. Brain fart. I meant oled. Fixed. :)

revenant likes this.
  8. revenant

heh.. so many acronyms. It gets blurry. ;) I love my Xs Max.. Getting used to the gestures..