iPhone X

TechLarry

RIP [H] Brother - June 1, 2022
Got my iPhone X in last night. It was delayed a few days due to UPS being overloaded but she's finally here!

Definitely needs a case because it's a slippery little bastard.

I don't see why people gripe about the home button being gone. I find it WAY better with the new gesture.

FaceID is awesome. At first I thought it was broken and my phone was just unlocking itself without security. But then I tried to unlock it with the phone turned to the side and sure enough, it indicated it needed my face.

Turns out it's just so fast in operation that it appears to not be happening all.

So far the notch doesn't bother me. As long as apps form to the screen correctly, I don't see it as a problem.

Great screen, of course.

Wireless charging is damn convenient.

I won't say it's the best buy in the world (it isn't), but it IS probably the best phone money can buy (at any price).

I haven't had the chance to see it at the apple store. How is it using it with one hand? I had the iPhone 7 Plus but had to sell and go back to my 6S because I couldn't use it with one hand, especially at work. Loved the big screen, just wasn't practical. I know the X is smaller than the Pluses so I'm curious to see how it works on one hand.

I haven't had the chance to see it at the apple store. How is it using it with one hand? I had the iPhone 7 Plus but had to sell and go back to my 6S because I couldn't use it with one hand, especially at work. Loved the big screen, just wasn't practical. I know the X is smaller than the Pluses so I'm curious to see how it works on one hand.

Still can't use mine with one hand. I have medium sized hands though.

I have the opposite experience - faceid is way slower for me than the thumbprint. It's starting to piss me off.

i don't get that. Mine has ZERO delay. I open the cover and poof! done.

Got my iPhone X in last night. It was delayed a few days due to UPS being overloaded but she's finally here!

Definitely needs a case because it's a slippery little bastard.

I don't see why people gripe about the home button being gone. I find it WAY better with the new gesture.

FaceID is awesome. At first I thought it was broken and my phone was just unlocking itself without security. But then I tried to unlock it with the phone turned to the side and sure enough, it indicated it needed my face.

Turns out it's just so fast in operation that it appears to not be happening all.

So far the notch doesn't bother me. As long as apps form to the screen correctly, I don't see it as a problem.

Great screen, of course.

Wireless charging is damn convenient.

I won't say it's the best buy in the world (it isn't), but it IS probably the best phone money can buy (at any price).

That notch just makes it a huge no buy for me. I’m waiting on the next Galaxy Note to release before I switch back to Android.

That notch just makes it a huge no buy for me. I’m waiting on the next Galaxy Note to release before I switch back to Android.

After having the phone for over a month; I don't notice the notch the vast majority of the time. The only time I briefly notice it is during landscape mode, but even then my eyes/brain automatically adjust so that I don't notice it. Took me only a couple days to adjust to the notch.

After having the phone for over a month; I don't notice the notch the vast majority of the time. The only time I briefly notice it is during landscape mode, but even then my eyes/brain automatically adjust so that I don't notice it. Took me only a couple days to adjust to the notch.

The Notch is NO BIG DEAL. I don't even notice it. In fact, it gives me a place to put my thumb when holding it in landscape.

All I can say to those who don't buy over this is "This is not red herring you're looking for. Move along" :)

Exactly. I have never understood what the big fuss is about with the notch. I never notice it being there.

Back